FUBAR Reviews

• Mar 13, 2017

Made me laugh a lot, though it probably would have worked better as a short film; sometimes the gag gets a little tiresome. I kind of hated the director character (in a bad way, he was annoying and the actor was very unconvincing, especially in a mockumentary) but his presence did lead to one hilarious smash cut. It's all dumb as hell, but pretty entertaining.

• Sep 30, 2015

Mock documentary on two metalheads lacking direction. Certainly has its moments, such as the dynamic with old friend 'Tron', and these are characters that you can probably relate to. Seemed to go a bit off track with the cancer subplot and the untimely death of the producer/director. Memorable for its unofficial endorsement of Old Style Pilsner beer.

• Nov 01, 2014

A Lot Of Heart & Some Spectacularly Tragic Moments. But Not Enough To Keep Me Glue-Eyed On What Will Possibly Happen Next!? Credit For Low-Budget Thrills..Nothing Much Else.

• May 30, 2014

Just fuckin' give'r man. FUBAR is kind of brilliant. It's a stupid, lowbrow, white trash comedy with a surprisingly deep and unsettling undertone. The performances are natural, the laughs are hard and the emotions are real. Love it.

• May 15, 2014

There's debatably little point to the film and I can see how this could be very irritating to some but it's a very funny and surprisingly heartfelt mockumentary about to twenty something burnouts who drink beer all day.

• Apr 03, 2014

I recommend you try another sport! Like knitting!!!!

I recommend you try another sport! Like knitting!!!!

• Jan 11, 2014

Spinal Tap for a younger, dumber generation. Except this one seems more believable, because we've all met a few guys like this. Dean and Terry are funny to watch, a sort of updated Bob and Doug McKenzie, Canadian beer drinkers, but this time, they're a lot less PG. Not a laugh out loud movie, more of a satirical mocumentary. Kind of essential in some ways...we all know someone who loves to Giv'R!

• Jun 02, 2013

Fuckin give it giv'r!

Fuckin give it giv'r!

• May 24, 2013

Maybe it's the twist. Maybe it's the Canadian roots. Maybe it's the ridiculousness. Whatever it may be, I love this movie in spite of itself, and I've always found myself strangely compelled to watch it through whenever I see it on. Call it my guilty pleasure, but Tron funking blows, and I'm okay with that.

• Mar 08, 2013

well i was hoping these two canadians would be funny at least but they aint there pretty stupid and annoying, the whole movie is pretty much a pile of crap i was hoping for more considering michael dowse was director and he directed and wrote its all gone pete tong, which is really good. my advice would be to watch trailer park boys movie instead they have hilarious and loveable characters.