FUBAR - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

FUBAR Reviews

September 30, 2015
Mock documentary on two metalheads lacking direction. Certainly has its moments, such as the dynamic with old friend 'Tron', and these are characters that you can probably relate to. Seemed to go a bit off track with the cancer subplot and the untimely death of the producer/director. Memorable for its unofficial endorsement of Old Style Pilsner beer.
½ November 1, 2014
A Lot Of Heart & Some Spectacularly Tragic Moments. But Not Enough To Keep Me Glue-Eyed On What Will Possibly Happen Next!? Credit For Low-Budget Thrills..Nothing Much Else.
May 30, 2014
Just fuckin' give'r man.

FUBAR is kind of brilliant. It's a stupid, lowbrow, white trash comedy with a surprisingly deep and unsettling undertone. The performances are natural, the laughs are hard and the emotions are real. Love it.
½ April 4, 2014
I recommend you try another sport! Like knitting!!!!
February 15, 2014
The purest form of irony ever. Awful film.
January 11, 2014
Spinal Tap for a younger, dumber generation. Except this one seems more believable, because we've all met a few guys like this. Dean and Terry are funny to watch, a sort of updated Bob and Doug McKenzie, Canadian beer drinkers, but this time, they're a lot less PG. Not a laugh out loud movie, more of a satirical mocumentary. Kind of essential in some ways...we all know someone who loves to Giv'R!
June 2, 2013
Fuckin give it giv'r!
May 24, 2013
Maybe it's the twist. Maybe it's the Canadian roots. Maybe it's the ridiculousness. Whatever it may be, I love this movie in spite of itself, and I've always found myself strangely compelled to watch it through whenever I see it on. Call it my guilty pleasure, but Tron funking blows, and I'm okay with that.
½ April 10, 2013
Canadian cult classic.
April 7, 2013
One in only a handful of movies that was so dreadful I could not make it through the end.
March 11, 2013
well i was hoping these two canadians would be funny at least but they aint there pretty stupid and annoying, the whole movie is pretty much a pile of crap i was hoping for more considering michael dowse was director and he directed and wrote its all gone pete tong, which is really good. my advice would be to watch trailer park boys movie instead they have hilarious and loveable characters.
December 23, 2012
Quite hilarious look at 2 Canadian metalheads going through a difficult time in their lives.
½ December 5, 2012
A Great movie always has "The 2 B's"..Beer and Ball Cancer.
½ November 18, 2012
Michael Dowse proved his talent with this trashy comedy.
September 20, 2012
"Tron funkin blows!"
September 18, 2012
"Why don't you find yourself a new sport like knitting!"
Fucking excellent mockumentary...I suggest renting.
August 14, 2012
the funnest movie of all time next to dazed and confused
½ July 10, 2012
Tuesday, July 10, 2012

(2002) Fubar
DOCUMENTARY/ DRAMA

Basically a mocumentary made in the same tradition as "This Is Spinal Tap" and "I'm Still Here" with Joaquin Phoenix, except this one is coming out of Canada following 2 adult headbangers Paul Spence as Dean and David Lawrence as Terry acting like immature buffoons where they don't do nothing except drink beer and acting cool wanting to be famous rock stars. Almost like it was inspired by a popular SCTV sketch of Bob and Doug. Much of this is somewhat improvised motivating a sequel called Fubar II.

3 out of 4
½ March 19, 2012
This was like on par with dude where's my car.... I want that part of my life back.
February 17, 2012
Hardly feels funny at all, but it is.