Fuehrer Ex (Führer Ex) Reviews

• Sep 21, 2013

There are full of cliched melodramatic elements, the 1st half in particular; but it turns out to be quite all right on the whole, by some remarkable deliveries by the two leading actors Christian Blumel & Aaron Hildebrand.

• Apr 01, 2011

About the stupidity of two young boys in the '80s Germany.

About the stupidity of two young boys in the '80s Germany.

• Jul 24, 2010

Buona idea, addolcita inutilmente in alcune parti.

Buona idea, addolcita inutilmente in alcune parti.

• Mar 16, 2010

Good, gritty account of two young friends dealing with life behind the Berlin Wall and behind bars.

• Sep 16, 2008

An absolutely outstanding movie which made me look back with nostalgia to 'American History X'. Together with 'American History X' and 'The believer' this is one of the best movies made about (neo-) nazism.

• Aug 02, 2008

Unrealistic and over-the-top not even close to the "real" story. And why did they change that his mother is a communist functionary who gets banged all the time.

• Jan 02, 2008

Good, especially for a first feature film. Picked up a couple of nominations at the Venice and Bogota film festivals. I enjoyed the film. It seemed genuine enough. The ending you can see coming, however, it's based on a true story so you can't blame it.

• Nov 05, 2007

Tags: German Re-unification, Neo-nazi's, coming of age, friendship.

Tags: German Re-unification, Neo-nazi's, coming of age, friendship.

• Aug 05, 2007

Saw it at a film festival quite some years ago, and I still think about it.

Saw it at a film festival quite some years ago, and I still think about it.