Full Metal Village Reviews

• Oct 18, 2012

once people knew i wanted to go to Wacken open air they said check this Documentary out and i have and its awesome made Korean film-maker Cho Sung-Hyung she does a great job capturing the people in the small town of Wacken and life as the festival comes in and people should see it. its a well made Documentary thanks people for telling me about this

• Feb 08, 2012

cows and biggest heavy metal concerts on the planet any my home from home

cows and biggest heavy metal concerts on the planet any my home from home

• Jul 23, 2011

• Mar 27, 2010

remarkable, and so cute! This is actually one of the best "a place and it's people" things I have ever seen.

• Mar 15, 2009

No, don't get me wrong: I can see perfectly well what you think you're doing, because I'm not an idiot. However I Think You'll Find that "juxtaposition" - that is what you're going for here, yes? - is when two things are placed side by side to create a new meaning, or shed meaning on the things being presented. This film doesn't contrast the good people of Wacken with the wack people of the Wacken Festival, so much as linger for an hour on the moderately-charming mundanity of Wacken, and then say, "also, there is a concert here". The film dwells for an eternity on these perfectly fine and happily uninteresting people, teasing the Festival as the thing that will provide context for the whole thing... but then there's a bit of yelling and amusing drunkenness, and things return to normal. There's "charmed by the simple honest ways of uncomplicated folk", and then there's "shaggy dog story with no punchline". The fellow singing in the rubbish bin, however, was brilliant.

• Nov 05, 2008

• Sep 20, 2008

Hauska elokuva pienen maalaiskylän arjesta, joka on tylsääkin tylsempi paitsi kerran vuodessa kun lauma metallipäivä valtaa kylän. Maalaiset ovat leppoisia, vähän kuten metallipäätkin.

• Aug 21, 2008

Lite "Plötsligt i Vinslöv" känsla på filmen om byn Wacken. En helg om året fylls byn dock med drygt 60000 heavy metalfans...

• Jul 27, 2008

Einfach Wacken. Ohne Open Air.

Einfach Wacken. Ohne Open Air.

• May 26, 2008

everybody knows the Wacken Open Air Festival that happens once a year in a small town in northern germany. this film is not about the festival itself, but about the villagers of the town wacken itself. a heartwarming, funny movie!