The Fuller Brush Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fuller Brush Girl Reviews

March 17, 2016
laughed so hard a little pee came out
½ December 24, 2013
Pretty good of Lucille ball, funny as always, originally saw this on TCM, greatly entertaining comedy action film for the entire family to watch.
½ November 6, 2011
This is an early gem of Lucille Ball at her comic best. The perfectly timed dead-pan looks and incredulous expressions set her in our minds, as surely as a home perm, to establish her as a comic genius that others in her wake can only aspire to. Her equally great skill was to carve a path, scratching and fighting in a man's world in the studio jungle, to estblish Desilu productions. Hard to be funny, tough, respected, feared and loved but Lucille Ball did all that and brought up two kids in amongst all the maelstrom. Few stars can put their names to that number of achievements.
August 21, 2011
Totally silly and far-fetched but probably my favorite Lucille Ball movie, not only because it's most similar to her persona on I Love Lucy, but just because the slapstick is so absurd and broad, just like a cartoon, that it's funny. I just get a kick out of this movie. I just love the hair-perm scene, and the chase on the boat, and the burlesque number. Just classics to me.
½ August 10, 2011
Her Most Physical Role, & a Precursor to Similar Shenanigans on "I Love Lucy".This Film created her Ditzy but Lovable Redhead Persona that she carried through every role of her career since & the reason she is so Timelessly Loved. The Fuller Brush Girl is Hysterical,Over the Top Silly, you will Laugh till you Cry.She goes Door to Door, but they sell to HER, or mistake her for the Baby Sitter, or a Murderer, & her trying out product on customers has a Balding Effect.She, just like as the Klutzy but Gutsy Lucy Richardo, is a Magnet for Chaos & Trouble.All she wants to do is make enough money to marry Humphrey Briggs(Eddie Albert) & buy their Dream House, but she is just an accident waiting to happen.According to TCM, doing this Physical Role got her injuries such as two sprained wrists, 6 dislocated vertebrae,& suffered an eye injury.All of which had a lasting effect & plagued her with Migraines throughout her life(boy can I relate to that).While tickling our Funny Bones, she was injuring hers, but our Lucy was always up for anything, & that is the cost of doing your own stunts
August 7, 2011
A very zany and twisted film for even Lucille Ball. But, it sure does the trick as the wild goose chase gets started by being at the wrong place at the wrong time. And she is just selling products just to save up money for her dream home. Well, as bizarre as this story is, I actually enjoyed it.
January 27, 2011
Great film and true precursor to "I Love Lucy"'s scattertbrained protagonist Lucy Ricardo.
½ October 26, 2010
This movie is incredibly too silly and goofy, and the gags just go on and on even after they aren't funny anymore. There are some good actors in the movie, but that doesn't help.
April 22, 2010
ok funny stuff Lucy brings the wacky not early lucy movie version but worth viewing.
½ March 18, 2009
Hilarious and so cute!! I love Lucille Ball...what a great lady!!!!!