Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos Reviews

August 9, 2015
Good animation and plot but strictly filler or more of a fan service. Doesn't add anything to the FMA main story line, also the timeline would be somewhere in the middle of FMA: Brotherhood, would have preferred if it were a continuation to the series.
July 24, 2015
Beautiful.Greatest anime of all time.
½ March 26, 2015
The backstory was so confusing. But it's a decent film nonetheless.
January 3, 2015
Typical fan-service-esque movie spinoff of a popular anime series - weak plot but a big ol' adventure involving the whole family.
November 20, 2014
Excellent follow up to the show.
November 15, 2014
It is really dangerous to open the door of truth.

Kazuya Murata, director of episodes from the television series Planetes and Steele Angel Kurumi, delivers Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos. The storyline is fairly good and is about our heroes trying to solves a web of mysteries around the city's powers throughout its past. The animation is very clean and well done. Some of the scenes were overdone, but that's common in anime (I just thought more so than in similar film like Cowboy Bebop).

"I have no more use for you."

I am a fan of certain anime and adore watching the movies. I found this on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. I thought it was actually pretty good and I really liked the characters. The action scenes were pretty good outside of a few jump/flying scenes early on that annoyed me. Overall, this is a worthwhile film even if you never watched the series.

"I am the full metal alchemist."

Grade: B+
September 10, 2014
It's a fun watch, but the story is a mess, even for a standalone plot that won't connect to the anime and the animation makes it look like the studio was trying to go full Ghibli and failed. At least there's action.
½ August 31, 2014
I'm going to assume Square Enix's game publishing business practice rubbed off onto its animation department. In the end, The Sacred Star of Milos feels more like an extended side-arc episode in part due to its incredible step-down in the animation department and flimsy plot.
August 9, 2014
this movie was pretty good but it was a differnt art style that seemef rushed to me
March 18, 2014
Great movie I love Fullmetal!!!!!
January 16, 2014
Need to see this one.
January 6, 2014
This was just another anime movie that didn't fit into the canon of the series. It has great animation and is a good stand-alone movie, but it just didn't feel like it belonged to FMA Brotherhood.
October 24, 2013
Not bad, but the series is way better.
½ August 13, 2013
while not original it is still a well written story with our favorite heroes.
August 12, 2013
The movie fell apart towards the end like most full-length anime. It's still pretty fun tho.
½ July 24, 2013
Fullmetal Platitudes, pretty much. The whole immigration issue wasn't shoved far enough down my throat either, I really cannot fathom what they could have been referring to. You know, just that the Milosian immigrants have names like "Pedro" and "Gonzales." Let's see, wasn't as funny as the FMA usually is, and really just a very forgettable plot. Big deal, Alphonse gets a love interest, again. And did Riza get a line, or did she just keep nodding along to platitudes?
½ July 24, 2013
It has its flaws with a hard to follow and exposition heavy plot, but ultimately it still feels like FMA. Has excellent animation and a stunning soundtrack.
July 19, 2013
This movie was really high-paced.
June 27, 2013
A beautiful action-packed drama that explores darker regions of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe with our favorite characters and newcomers. This film is a well-brewed love letter from Hiromu Arakawa to her loyal fans.