Fulltime Killer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fulltime Killer Reviews

½ November 26, 2015
Pretty disappointing piece. Plot is very much like Seijun Suzuki's "Branded to Kill" (1967), but surrealistic mood that the original has does not fit to the style of Johnny To and Ka-Fai Wai. Especially the "O" character could (should) be much better. I don't think casting is perfect either.
½ October 20, 2015
Alkaa t aasialainen toiminta pikkuhiljaa tkkimn. Varsinkin kun se on yliampuvan kikkailevaa.
February 28, 2015
a romance-action film by johnnie to is PERFECT.
½ February 11, 2014
Gratuitous Gun-Fu the illegitimate love child of Johnnie To titillates our cornea's with a visually stunning gunplay ballet!
April 13, 2013
Johnnie To trying to do kathryn bigelow meets tony scott with John Woo action. For typical Johnnie To movies thus far, this has double the style and substance compared to the dull triad movies that people think are high art just for being different.

An action-drama with a fresh but unsatisfying plot, it's somewhere between amazing and awful and it is tough to decide. I respect the international appeal attempt. I feel the To and La-Fai team is still learning here but improving quickly.

This is their big sell out commercial flick and it's goofy and yet very watchable. I wouldn't be able to recommend it however.
March 28, 2013
Rips off every single action movie of the last 30 years.
½ March 1, 2013
This competition about two hitman is a little bit underrated, a lot of great ideas, sometime completely crazy and unrealistic, but the fantasy that surrounds HK films is what it's all about, right? This is not a must see but another should see from Johnnie To's repertoire.
½ January 22, 2013
A MUST SEE action film from under rated Andy Lau. I was surprised how good this was.
December 7, 2012
Not part time will see wont we boys?
½ August 18, 2012
maybe its just me but yikes when 10 year old pix look dated i still loved this 1
August 8, 2012
i own this an it is a awesome movie
May 13, 2012
Style over substance , this is the principle pf the genre 'Cinema du luk'..invented by some french revolutionist directors . I believe this movie belongs to thus genre. Jonnie To n Ka Fai Wai deliberately used some famous shots and moves of some famous artistic action movies to give a new color in this already colorful action movie, delightful to watch . Its more than just action, its passion , its style .... mesmerizing !
April 18, 2012
Awesome action scenes, but the story was horribly written.
½ January 22, 2012
Good but not great. I would have to watch more movies from Jhonnie To to comprehend why most asian cinema fans have him among his favorites. The contrast of opposite personalities is well represented but not fully exploided. The female character (played by chin) serves as a mere pretext to establish the dispute of these two killers. Other than that it does not make any difference in the story.
January 19, 2012
Fulltime Killer is a fast paced kinetic experience that's heavy on style but not to the point where the substance of the story is compromised. The film opens up introducing us to two contract killers as we follow each of them individually on their latest hit. Ono, is a shy, introverted, yet highly disciplined assassin who has been doing this for a long time and is considered to be the Top Contract Killer in Hong Kong. In contrast, Tok, is a cocky, brash young gun who is eager to become the top assassin. Tok is after Ono, to prove he is the best and he uses Oren's housemaid as a way to get him out of seclusion. Johnny To's film is a massive ode to action films with homages through-out. Visually the only way I could describe this film is Kinetic. The editing and cinematography are constantly moving and creating interesting and original visual techniques while still clearly giving respect to the great pantheon of action films from the past. I swear the camera barely stops moving. Tony Leung really stands out as Tok, the over-confident assassin who has no fear. He really burns up the screen and just a lot of fun to watch. Once could argue that the film is over-loaded with plot lines, and I could see the argument, but to me this is Grade A action film-making.
September 30, 2011
ini jugaa... >.<
½ May 23, 2011
½ April 13, 2011
Stylish action-thriller that may not be rife with originallity but does deliver an entertaining and cool time-filler. Really good action scenes helped along by snazzy camera work and a great charismatic performance by Andy Lau. The whole competing hitmen thing has been done before but there's enough in this one for any Hong Kong action fan to enjoy, but it's not among the directors best efforts.
March 1, 2011
Laadukasta Hong Kong action kun kaksi ammattitappajaa ottaa mittaa toisistaan.
January 23, 2011
Un bon policier de hong-kong d'il y à 10 ans.
Plutôt efficace, moins bourrin que les productions hollywoodiennes avec cependant un certain kitch des effets sp (C)ciaux.
A noter Andy Lau qui se d (C)marque par une prestation un cran au dessus du reste du casting.