Fun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fun Reviews

March 30, 2008
I'm in love with Hilary.
½ March 18, 2008
Very unique film that swithes back and forth from being over the top and badly written and at times badly acted to being incredibly fascinating with some very underrated performances from the two leads. Heavenly Creatures came out in the same year and while i find that more effective there was something about this that I cannot quite put my finger on. Alicia Witt makes my number 3 least favorite character of all time. Wow. I was not aware someone could be that annoying. The top 2 on that list are not annoying, they are just terrible people. This girl is terrible but also....literally...the most annoying character I have ever encountered in a film. It just happens to be one of the most authentic performances in film. SHe's all over the place in such a way that I have seen so many times in girls growing up. Renee Humphrey can be good in this film, bad in this film and great. She is all three. Very hard to track down but if you come across it, give it a shot. It's....interesting.
March 13, 2008
I saw this movie when i was 14 and LOVED it!! I can't find it on DVD anywhere... why is this great movie impossible to find???
February 12, 2008
I haven't seen this is a few years now. But I'm almost certain it isn't as good as I thought it was at the time. Nevertheless, I love the way the two leads play it.
February 10, 2008
Sounds slightly similar to Heavenly Creatures. And I do love Alicia Witt! Also, what a fantastic plotline. Straight and to-the-point, just like I like it.
January 23, 2008
The film that gave the beginning of my adolescent crush on Alicia Witt. The movie is quite good also.
December 13, 2007
A weaker version of Heavenly Creatures
½ November 18, 2007
Biting piece of a film. Originally it was based on a stage performance and the scenes show that, no matter, it is still great.
November 16, 2007
Often been erroneously compared to "Heavenly Creatures" becasue of the theme. But not at all as pretentious. The director seemed to have just let the girls run wild as it should be.
November 2, 2007
Shit...mon film préféré d'enfance!!! Caro ... il existe vraiment!
October 10, 2007
This is an absolutely awesome movie!
I haven't been able to find it since I was 11 so can't wait to go buy it!!!
Gotta see it if you like disturbing movies.
October 7, 2007
WHY is this movie so hard to find? This movie is superb and I absolutely love Alicia Witt here. Very unsettling and realistic storyline, but in a good way.
½ October 1, 2007
Ikke spesielt overbevisende sak om to ungjenter som dreper en gammel dame ?? for «fun». Brukbart skuespill, men karakterene er såsomså; filmen er visuelt kjedelig, dramaturgisk slapp, og tematisk for overfladisk.
½ September 21, 2007
Canadian indepedent film's version of Peter Jackson's "Heavenly Creatures". Not as well done, but plenty shocking depiction of adolescent nihilism.
September 21, 2007
I would like to watch it again, but i haven´t found it anywhere..
September 18, 2007
I fell in love with Alicia Witt when i went to see this at the Lumiere while wagging school with a temporary 'best friend'. I even used to watch the shitty sitcom 'Cybil' (Cybil Shepherd) with the hope of seeing a scene with Cybil's daughter (Alicia Witt).
Yes, the film has flaws but it's utimate message is that sometimes there's no motive for murder, and i think that's true.
½ September 3, 2007
another horrible movie i loved
½ August 18, 2007
A superb film. Two girls, Hillary and Bonnie become best friends for a day, and go on spree of fun - ending up with the murder of a nice old lady. This is intercut with black and white footage of them in a juvenile detention centre, being interviewed by a reporter and a psychologist. It really gets in depth with the girl's personalities. Hard to watch the murder scenes. Quite interesting how lost these girls are in their fun.
½ August 17, 2007
Grim but worthwhile.
½ July 5, 2007
I hated this movie so much, I had to punch the girlfriend who showed it to me. Adolescent nihilism, studenty direction, vapid dialogue and poor acting. Everyone involved (including its audience of largely teenage goth girls wearing fairy wings, pretending to be bi-sexual) should be shot.