Fun & Fancy Free Reviews

• Mar 10, 2021

Lots to like - Jiminy Cricket, Bongo the Bear - but nothing I really loved.

Lots to like - Jiminy Cricket, Bongo the Bear - but nothing I really loved.

• Nov 25, 2020

One of the best fantasy film from a Mickey Mouse cartoons.

One of the best fantasy film from a Mickey Mouse cartoons.

• Sep 02, 2020

It was cool to see Mickey, Donald, Goofy, the Chipmunks, the Cricket and others all in the same movie. Other than that, the live action parts were weird and had creepy puppets.

• Aug 31, 2020

Ok animated Disney movie.

Ok animated Disney movie.

• Aug 12, 2020

Bad Bad Bad Movie Dont Watch I Beg You

Bad Bad Bad Movie Dont Watch I Beg You

• Michael M Super Reviewer
    Jul 23, 2020

This movie is more remembered just for the Mickey and the Beanstalk segment, and with fair reason, it's a great segment. It tells the story fairly accurately with a decent level of Mickey-isms thrown in, kind of like when The Muppets would do a literary classic. It's fun, creative, and the animation is solid. On that segment alone, it's worth seeing this, but you could honestly probably just see that section by itself and be perfectly fine. The other main segment is Bongo, about a circus bear in the wild. And this segment is…cute. Nothing more or less. It's perfectly charming enough, and I don't mind watching it now and then, but it's nothing spectacular. The framing device to both stories is really weird. Jiminy Cricket listens to the story, and goes to a birthday party with two children and an adult man with Howdy-Doody looking puppets? It's pretty awkward. But the shorts are fun, and Mickey and the Beanstalk is an absolute treasure of a Disney classic.

• Jun 20, 2020

Mickey and the Beanstalk is fun in its own way, but I wouldn't watch it again.

Mickey and the Beanstalk is fun in its own way, but I wouldn't watch it again.

• May 25, 2020

This package film lacks the epic scope of Fantasia or the ambition of Disney's single-narrative films (some awkward live-action sequences that I could've done just fine without certainly don't help) but the vibrant animation, fun musical numbers, stories that are entertaining in their own right and the rare chance to see Mickey, Donald and Goofy in the same movie together years before they became musketeers make Fun & Fancy Free a decent, if skippable, entry in the Disney Animated Canon.

• Apr 12, 2020

The first half was really boring, the party with the dolls was really creepy, the second half was ok but not really interesting, the best thing in the movie is jiminy cricket

• Jan 13, 2020

Though the strain of waiting for another solid feature-length story is felt hard by this point in Disney animation's early history, the Mickey-Donald-and-Goofy segment has tons of fun packed into it.