Fun Size - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fun Size Reviews

September 21, 2014
It was Fun. Nothing award winning or serious by any means but instead easy going and funny with heaps of sentimental. Girl loses little brother on Halloween and thus the cliches and hilariousness begin! Yea it's no Wolf on Wall Street here just simple fun!
September 14, 2014
I actually liked the movie sure it was vulgar with average acting but this is still a funny movie it is good to see atleast once I'm not saying watch it right now but if you do you will be surprised
Grade B-
September 8, 2014
wow Nick used to be the most successful and family friendly kids platform in the world with classic shows I love like all that and Kenan and kel rugrats drake and josh. aww real monsters even the first 3 seasons of spongebob but during the Illuminatis resurface into power in around 2005 it went downhill this movie is nothing but a american pie direct to DVD like film set on Halloween night there were 2 decent gags but overall this is a disgrace to any nick film it was stupid vulgar sexual. for no reason at all other than that they could shameful waste of my life nothing about this movie is sweet Victoria justice I take pity on you someone wants a paycheck
½ September 6, 2014
Review In A Nutshell:

I had low expectations for this film as the poster and the trailer seemed like it is a passable, throwaway film. Fun Size was exactly just that, a film that splits my feelings right down the middle and lacking enough memorable elements to convince me of coming back to it.

The plot of Fun Size, at first, takes inspiration from the high school films of the 80s and 90s, mostly the former, and it is about Wren and April who gets invited to a party at Halloween but instead was forced to watch over Wren's younger brother, Albert. In the middle of trick or treating, the girls end up losing Albert and they have to find him before Wren's mother comes home. After reading that premise, one can easily tell how this film would turn out. The film fails to bring anything unique to its story, it doesn't contain that particular element that makes it stand out above the trillion of films just like it released in this decade. The film sets up quite a bit of characterisation of its protagonist but once the central complication hits, the film practically forgets all of that, until the very end of course where it has to wrap itself up a bit too neatly. The film also features an antagonist that felt inappropriate to the type of characters that the audiences are following.

Though I did have some fun with it as some of the film's comedy does land and a couple of the film's characters were written and directed in such an appealing way that the story they are trying to tell was, at times, forgivable. Though the comedy at times worked, I was a bit taken back by a couple of its humour as some were driven with sexual intent. I only feel this way because I am watching a Nickelodeon production and I never thought they would allow it to be so risqué. The film's tone is essentially split into two with the first half of the film being the typical high school-style of comedy that reminds me of Sixteen Candles and Dazed and Confused but the second half moves towards the dramatics and the comedy is much more subtle, especially after the film's climax; it was like I was watching a scene from an indie-Sundance film. Though the events after the climax did feel effective in having us care for its characters, it feels too out of place after everything the audience has just went through.

Fun Size isn't noteworthy and I don't plan on watching it ever again but its risqué humour and watchable characters allow it to be on par with the average in its genre.
½ September 6, 2014
Review In A Nutshell:

The plot of Fun Size, at first, takes inspiration from the high school films of the 80s and 90s, mostly the former, and it is about Wren and April who gets invited to a party at Halloween but instead was forced to watch over Wren's younger brother, Albert. In the middle of trick of treating, the girls end up losing Albert and they have to find him before Wren's mother comes home. After reading that premise, one can easily tell how this film would turn out. The film fails to bring anything unique to its story, it doesn't contain that particular element that makes it stand out above the trillion of films just like it released in this decade. The film sets up quite a bit of characterisation of its protagonist but once the central complication hits, the film practically forgets all of that, until the very end of course where it has to wrap itself up a bit too neatly. The film also features an antagonist that felt inappropriate to the type of characters that the audiences are following.

Though I did have some fun with it as some of the film's comedy does land and a couple of the film's characters were written and directed in such an appealing way that the story they are trying to tell was, at times, forgivable. Though the comedy at times worked, I was a bit taken back by a couple of its humour as some were driven with sexual intent. I only feel this way because I am watching a Nickelodeon production and I never thought they would allow it to be so risqu. The film's tone is essentially split into two with the first half of the film being the typical high school-style of comedy that reminds me of Sixteen Candles and Dazed and Confused but the second half moves towards the dramatics and the comedy is much more subtle, especially after the film's climax; it was like I was watching a scene from an indie-Sundance film. Though the events after the climax did feel effective in having us care for its characters, it feels too out of place after everything the audience has just went through.

Fun Size isn't noteworthy and I don't plan on watching it ever again but its risqu humour and watchable characters allow it to be on par with the average in its genre.
August 18, 2014
victoria justice is awesome, but the movie was pretty bad.
½ August 8, 2014
An avenger on Halloween. I've seen a lot of 80s/early 90s movies that had this type of premise. Not bad.
August 5, 2014
This is the most inappropriate nickolodeon has made because it swears,talks about boobs,say the b word and s word,talks about a girls ass,zooms in on a girls ass,has a scene where a guy grabs a girls boobs,and giant robotic chicken humping a car I liked the movie but it was so inappropriate why was it aired and made on nickolodeon I've never seen a nickolodeon movie like this its very to believe that nickolodeon made this movie
July 31, 2014
It was alright. However for a Nickelodeon movie I don't think it was as appropriate for kids
July 27, 2014
fantastic family film
½ July 16, 2014
I'm showing it no mercy, it was that bad. I felt like the characters were either drunk or high on cocaine. In fact, I had a suspicion that one character licked a mysterious substance. The jokes were clichd and unfunny and it is just an ugly picture to watch. If I can only sympathize with a little kid, the characters have problems here. Which reminds me, the characters are either pretentious or narcissistic. Plus, this film is really mean spirited, even for a PG-13 kids film. I really hated this one. Fuck you Nickelodeon!
July 2, 2014
so not a Nickelodeon kids movie. there's the word "BITCH" used a few times, boob touching and a pirate chicken humping a car. shooting, not to mention kids mom dressed like a slut Brittney spears school girl dating a 23 year old drinking at a party being a careless mother to take Care of her kids . kids dressed in sexy costumes (sexy kitten with tits popping out) great example setting. drinking and sexing also naked men running around. would not recommend for families to watch with kids.
½ July 1, 2014
I don't think I will watch this movie if it is not on the plane. But it's not as bad as the rating told.
½ June 25, 2014
"It's pure Nickelodeon stuff: bubblegum high jinks that's short on laughs but also, mercifully, shy on offending, too."
½ June 20, 2014
Generic but harmless.
June 8, 2014
Not too bad of a film. It's not great, but it made me laugh and it has it's moments
½ June 6, 2014
thought I'd hate this one and that is was just a kid's movie and it is but it is much more than that.
June 6, 2014
There are moments during the amiable teen comedy Fun Size when you may wonder if it's based on an existing property, like a TV show or a comic book or something. Imagine "Little Miss Sunshine's" dark materials (and superior craftsmanship) diluted with a Hannah Montana-like sunny silliness - which is to say: sometimes funny, often broad-stroked, ever sweet, and landing shy of its potential. It's pure Nickelodeon stuff: bubblegum high jinks that's short on guffaws but also, mercifully, shy on offending, too. Johnny Knoxville puts in a forgettable cameo. Still, it's hard not to think that there's a darker, funnier movie in there waiting to get out. In the meantime, we'll always have the humping chicken. By the end of this romp, Fun Size actually accomplished something charming: sentimentality without normality. Well written but weakly executed, it's hard to imagine anyone is going to cherish the film, if they even remember it in three months' time. Funny stuff happens in all three storylines, which wind together toward a conclusion that is satisfying and, as befits a comedy whose title comes from candy bars, sweet. Compared to most teen comedies these days, Fun Size is almost touchingly tame.

VERDICT: "In The Zone" - [Mixed Reaction] These kinds of movies are usually movies that had some good things, but some bad things kept it from being amazing. This rating says buy an ex-rental or a cheap price of the DVD to own. If you consider cinema, ask for people's opinion on the film. (Films that are rated 2.5 or 3 stars)
½ May 30, 2014
I recomend that unless you are with small child, do NOT go see this movie.
½ May 5, 2014
This Nickelodeon teen gross-out comedy only offered a couple laughs. Neither the characters nor plot feel like they are going anywhere.