Fun With Dick and Jane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fun With Dick and Jane Reviews

½ May 3, 2017
Not that funny. Very disappointing.
April 17, 2017
not bad great ending
February 7, 2017
This is alright. I don't think it's a bad film there is some laughs to be had here
January 27, 2017
Wonderful comic riff on Bonnie and Clyde, produced by and starring the brilliant Jim Carrey and a fine supporting cast that includes Tea Leoni, Richard Jenkins and a sleazy Alec Baldwin, hungrily skewering all the Trump-like monstrosities we know he loathes. It's zippily directed by Dean 'Galaxy Quest' Parisot, who knows exactly when to end things. Very underrated by the critics.
January 13, 2017
Stupid but entertaining at times thanks to Jim Carrey
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 26, 2016
Hollywood bull crap that romanticizes theft. Pretty lame acting as well.
November 2, 2016
this movie was really good and funny
½ October 24, 2016
A guide on how to get through during unemployment.

I thought I have seen almost all the films of Jim Carrey, but then I found that's not true, so I decided to start with this. This is a remake of the 70s film or you could say the second screen adaptation of the novel of the same name. I haven't seen the other version, but I must admit that I enjoyed it thoroughly. This is not the greatest comedy I have ever seen, but still so good with great performances, particularly Jim Carrey's.

A simple storyline, a couple loses their jobs and they find hard to get another. They begin to lose one by one, everything that belongs to them and finally the house is the last thing they want to lose. So they plan to do something very serious thing to tackle their situation and seems its working out so well, but for how long. Then comes their masterplan to the permanent solution and how they accomplish it is what leads to the conclusion.

The film was so fast, feels too short or like a TV episode. That means makes us to feel to have more, but it ends very nice way. The story might feel silly, but the comedies are so good. And if you like Jim Carrey and his trademark jokes, then you would have a great time. Truly, I haven't seen a good comedy from the recent time releases, so I'm happy I saw this, even though it is a decade old. There's no serious negative stuffs in it like drugs, sex or nudity, so I think it is okay for family viewing.

7/10
October 17, 2016
Typical fun Jim Carrey movie.
September 14, 2016
Hilarious! Added to my all time favorite movies!
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
Good funny crime comedy, Better than the critics are saying, Nothing new but Jims humour keeps it fresh.
April 4, 2016
this movie was not even funny
March 2, 2016
Fun with Dick and Jane? Not really.
February 20, 2016
Seriously don't understand the low rating for this movie ... It's actually quite funny. So much so, I have gone back to watch it a few times!
January 23, 2016
Not seen it yet, but heard it wasn't that incredible.
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
December 26, 2015
Utter perfection and mastery
½ November 22, 2015
Pretty hilarious and emotional at the same time
August 10, 2015
The laughs are scarce and interest wains quickly.