Fun With Dick and Jane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fun With Dick and Jane Reviews

½ June 22, 2015
Frank Bascom (Richard Jenkins): Do you have any idea what I had to go through to get that form?
Dick Harper (Jim Carrey): No, let me guess, a fifth of SCOTCH?

I normally don't really care for Jim Carrey's style of humor but I have to admit that some of his films are kind funny but only when he manages to the keep the antics down the bare minimum. He has surprisingly good chemistry with on-screen wife, Jane (played by the always gorgeous Téa Leoni). Of course, much of the films appeal is because the likeable couple plays opposite an equally likeable villain like Alec Baldwin. Overall, the film was fun, interesting and came to a pretty satisfying conclusion. So, not a bad way to waste an hour and half of your life.
½ June 13, 2015
Absolutely better than I had expected!! it is rather good!
½ June 8, 2015
Pretty good movie. Wasn't that funny just enjoyed the story. Didn't hurt that Tea Leoni was in it! Big Jim Carrey fan and he didn't letdown here!
May 17, 2015
Not one Jim Carrey's best movies...
May 16, 2015
great roles done by these two
April 2, 2015
Fun With Dick and Jane is actually not that bad of a remake that the cast saved it from being a dull, and more depressing movie. The plot is fine, and it does go into the political stuff which is different from your usual Jim Carrey movie. It's funny at times thanks to Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni, but there are times where it wasn't really funny, but more or less just depressing, which is surprising when it's written by Judd Apatow and Nicholas Stroller who I find to be very funny writers. The chemistry between the two leads is good, and it does made me wonder about where it's going. The kid with the Spanish accent is honestly very odd, and didn't find it funny. The cast try their best to make it funny, and they did. Fun With Dick and Jane didn't really seem necessary to be a remake at all, but it's not that bad and it could've been a lot worse.
½ April 1, 2015
The sad thing here is that the idea is good but the movie failed in many ways, sometimes is overacting and the pace of the story is not good, much less funny. 3.5/10
March 21, 2015
Ihan ok komedia, vaikka en yleensä tykkää Jim Carreyn leffoista... (Suom. Taalat taskuun Dick ja Jane)
½ March 4, 2015
It might not be the funniest movie with Jim Carrey, but it's not bad, nor is good, the film doesn't follow its tone, and the storyline is just silly, this is just an average comedy film
January 28, 2015
Jim Carrey is in his element but the movie barely rises above average. Full review later.
January 21, 2015
I've never laughed so hard especially the part when they r driving away after the robbed the head shop.
January 17, 2015
2015-01-17 kinda dumb but had its moments
January 4, 2015
I miss you Jim Carrey...
January 4, 2015
I miss you Jim Carrey...
½ December 20, 2014
Strange , but it was the first time i saw this , enjoyed it much....funny couple SOMDVD...nice extra's
November 27, 2014
Fun With Dick and Jane only somewhat lives up to its title: despite two good lead performances, the script isn't always as entertaining as it could be.
½ November 27, 2014
Silly, but pure fun with Jim Carey, from the first minute to the last. Not a brilliant movie, but some genuine slapstick humour with a slight touch of social satire.
½ October 4, 2014
Perhaps one of the weirdest comedies especially for Jim Carrey. He hooks up with co-star Téa Leoni to rob a bank and to steal countless amount of cash to make a living. Carrey and Leoni play couple Dick and Jane Harper, a married couple who are left jobless and out of financial options until they turn money theft.

It's a silly movie and utterly plotless as the story of the loving married couple goes absolutely nowhere for the audience to pick up interest and satisfaction.
September 22, 2014