Funkytown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Funkytown Reviews

November 27, 2015
Pretty good movie, but as many people have stated, there are too many stories, jumps here and there.
October 6, 2013
I really liked this movie. I agree there were a lot of stories going on and it was a bit uneven however, it kept me interested and I liked the characters. I thought the acting was good and it had its moments. Not too bad for a night of insomnia on Hulu.
September 22, 2013
Cool movie, nice set up of montreal back in 70s
jjnxn
½ May 27, 2013
Not bad but there are too many stories going at once. Cutting a few and focusing on the more compelling ones would have strengthened the film.
April 12, 2013
"Funkytown" has too many storylines, and too many characters, but it captures the 70s disco scene well. The acting is good. I was surprised how much I stayed with the film, and enjoyed it.
November 10, 2012
One of the hundreds 70s' entertainment scene feature. Deja vu familiar story & narrative. A bit too loose & diverted. Acting is solid though.
October 2, 2012
Based on real events. Almost every character has a sad exit - reality is sad. It is quite a good film actually.
September 30, 2012
disco style à la canada french style
½ December 25, 2011
Funkytown is Montreal in the 70s. A story about nightclubbing and the lives of those that frequent them.

Its very formulaic and nothing much new here. The film really doesnt excite or entertain too much and the
plot is really by the numbers using stereotypes and stories that have been told before.

To be honest, I didnt enjoy it very much at all. I laughed once or twice but thats it. The only redeeming
factor is the acting of Raymond Bouchard who was good.

Too long. Not funny.

The city looked good though and the clothing and scenery was all very well made up. Theres a word for that
but i forget it.
½ September 19, 2011
Note de passage pour un film plutôt bien... Aucuns sous-titres ?? Drôle de choix... La majorité des acteurs jouent biens... Cinématographiquement, ne marquera pas le cinéma...
August 18, 2011
Film correct, sans plus. Ils ont parfois essaye d'en faire trop et ca donne un film avec certaines longueurs.
July 15, 2011
a drama story that just goes on and on ....all the movie is predictable and do not expect anything special in this movie - long and boring - pass
July 14, 2011
Great film. Very reminiscent of "Boogie Nights".
½ February 13, 2011
Partick Huard est excellent encore une fois...
½ January 27, 2011
Synopsis here is all wrong btw.