Funny Face - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Funny Face Reviews

½ November 28, 2014
Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn don't have a lot of romantic chemistry, but Kay Thompson gives a delicious performance, and you can't really ask for more than those great song and dance sequences give us. It's no "The Bandwagon" but it still hits the spot.
November 5, 2014
I liked everything about this movie except the chemistry between Audrey and Fred. It seemed too forced.
½ October 5, 2014
What a gem! And I love that it takes place in Paris.
September 9, 2014
Too much singing & dancing. Fred seems too old for the part.
½ September 4, 2014
AUDREY DOES NOT HAVE A FUNNY FACE. The dance interludes were fantastic, but what do you expect with Fred Astaire? The music wasn't particularly catchy, but this only pisses me off more than Audrey was dubbed in MY FAIR LADY when she can clearly sing. See also Sabrina, Breakfast... As usual, I found Audrey prettier when she worked in the book store than when they "modeled" her up. Why is society so opposed to bookish beauty?
August 21, 2014
One of the few Audrey movies I donā??t like. She is way too young for her love interest. It is actually embarrassing
½ July 22, 2014
Fun and cute, but REALLY did not age well.
July 12, 2014
I really don't linke musicals... watched this because of Audrey.
There's not enough connection with Fred Astaire to say it's a love movie. In addition, there was a blooper at the beginning of the film, where Audrey is at the library and looking at the mirror you can see a man upstairs (filming camera men). They didn't watch the angles for correct shooting.
July 9, 2014
Cheesy movie with great dancing and some fabulous fashion. In my opinion, not one of Audrey's best. I just kept thinking that it could have been better.
½ July 2, 2014
I'm sorry but I didn't like it... The musical numbers weren't great all... I don't blame Fred Astaire cause I know he was an amazing dancer, is just that the music, choreography and direction wasn't that great... Plus he looked like he could be Audrey Hepburn's dad... I mean he was 30 years older than her... No chemistry whatsoever...
½ June 14, 2014
Audrey,para mi,q no se de cinema,es una tayota en musicales y en esta hay mucha musica.soo...es como perdi da de tiempo en la peli. Igual,son ellos :) not amazing.
June 6, 2014
Just because you have to of the greatest actors of your time, it doesn't mean you can forget all about a plot. It had nice colors..
½ June 4, 2014
Cute and entertaining, not too surprising from the likes of Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.
April 20, 2014
I am no musical lover. Not to say there are not some spectacular musicals, a.k.a. Singin' in the Rain, Sound of Music just to name a few. For me at least, this is one of them. Audrey Hepburn is one of the most talented and beautiful actresses Hollywood has ever seen. So for me she carried the movie. At the very least I dare anyone to watch this movie and not enjoy it, I would guess it is impossible.
½ April 15, 2014
Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire -- really hard to go wrong with that combination!
April 2, 2014
Not the best musical I've ever seen, but also not the worst.
½ March 1, 2014
The wondrous charm of Hepburn and the dazzling, amiable presence of Astaire make this old fashioned romance musical entertaining enough.
½ January 3, 2014
There wasn't much plot until the last 30 minutes or so, but it was still pretty entertaining throughout.
½ December 21, 2013
Pretty solid. I actually liked Audrey Hepburn in a role for once. And her singing voice was perfectly fine in this (a little sultry as well), I'm surprised they decided to redub her singing in My Fair Lady, guess they thought that movie required more singing range. Not much dancing from Astaire, though.
½ November 24, 2013
An antiquated and oddly poor musical, despite its excellent reviews. The Astaire-Hepburn chemistry is weak, the music is poor and the plot thin.