Futurama: Bender's Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Futurama: Bender's Game Reviews

July 19, 2013
Decent movie. Not as funny as the past two, and the sojourn to the fantasy LOTR/Star Wars realm felt like a cheap plot device to turn a 1-hour movie into 1.5-hours. Hoping the fourth one is better.
July 14, 2013
Though very entertaining I find this one the weakest of the Quadrilogy. I like that they are trying out a completely different genre and I like how they make how they get to the fantasy world and how they get back to the real world asthetically paralell but there are some filler moments that felt unecessary. Every plotpoint fits together brilliantly but there are some elements that I feel are stretched way too long. For example there is a scene where Bender is in the robot asylum that I feel is made for the purpose of making jokes. What the writers didn't realize is that jokes don't make a funny scene. It's a funny scene that makes jokes. Nonetheless the fantasy world is very clever and they know how to really sattire fantasy as a whole without just making references like most of today's sattires. I don't like however that they make Leela a Centaur, Bender a Knight, Zoidberg a monster, Farnsworth a Wizard, Amy a promiscuous Nymph but Fry stays Fry. I mean I know that he eventually becomes Gollum from The Lord of the Rings but he passed through the dimensional portal between this universe and the fantasy world just like the rest of them. At least make him a Court Jester or something.
skactopus
June 29, 2013
Dwayne Carey-Hill pulls a page from J.R.R. Tolkien to assemble Futurama: Bender's Game.Spanning the length of 4 episodes, this 80 minute piece of work goes fantasy with Dungeons & Dragons to trigger the spark for the rest of the movie. The writing comes across as a bit lazy and less original, which isn't exactly good news; however, the amusement level is still in existence.The comedy has its share of laughs, mostly in the film's final act when it decides to parody The Lord of the Rings. Fry definitely has his moments here. Actually, he has his moments everywhere.There are a lot of guest stars to provide voices for out of the blue characters, but it is the usual cast of Billy West, Katey Sagal, and John DiMaggio among others getting the job done.As a whole, Futurama: Bender's Game feels a little less like "Futurama," but that's okay.
April 8, 2013
Really really lame and actually kinda boring. Feels like a weak episode stretched into an 80 minute chore.
½ April 5, 2013
It is an improvement over the second movie that Futurama offered, as in the second half of the movie, they take a unusual approach as the staff decide to put the entire Futurama cast they had in mind as if they were playing an actual game inside in an attempt to save the world from the evil clutches of Mom. Although it seemed to have thrown the Amy-Kif relationship reminder out the window for this movie.
April 4, 2013
Excelente aventura de los personajes favoritos de futurama que tienen que viajar desde el planeta express a infiltrar la unica mina de materia negra del universo conocido para poder seguir avanzando , no es una aventura memorable pero si futurama esta en la lista de programas de animacion que te gustan te vas a divertir.
½ March 7, 2013
I liked it because it's Futurama but I enjoyed the other Futurama movies more.
February 27, 2013
First half as good as Futurama's ever been. Second half a string of bad D&D jokes based around the (mistaken) idea that taking these characters and slotting them into a silly fantasy world (instead of a silly scifi one) is funny.
February 24, 2013
I don't want to see this, but I like the name that they gave it. A play on "Ender's Game" with the robot named after Judd Nelson's character in Breakfast Club? Hee.
February 5, 2013
that went on WAY too long.
January 22, 2013
The weakest of the films. Has some moments, but overall... kinda lame. Still... more Futurama is never bad.
January 22, 2013
Another fun outing by the Futurama crew. I enjoyed the main plot, but I did not enjoy the fantasy finale as much as I had hoped. So far, sadly, the most forgettable of the films... But onto the final one!
½ January 8, 2013
The weakest of the feature-length Futurama episodes. There were a few good jokes, but it certainly wasn't as good as Bender's Big Score or The Beast With A Billion Backs.
January 2, 2013
Bender's Game. Funny title for a pretty funny movie. That's about all I can say about this movie though: it's funny. Well, that and "it had potential." My main problem with Bender's Game is that it takes nearly an hour for them to arrive in the fantasy world, which would seem to me to be the main point of the movie. Everything up to then is pretty much exposition and is sort of...repeated, I guess, when they arrive in Cornwood. I mean, I'm not one for the enforcement to adhere to standard structure, but the lack of it didn't really work in this case. Paired with a quick and fairly unsatisfying ending, this problem produces a funny, but not altogether sound experience. Also, I don't like how they keep bringing Nibbler in to the plots, further complicating his and his species' role in the series. Overall, I guess I didn't even really like the plot. So much for this incoherent review. 7/10
December 28, 2012
What? Why did they make a third one?
½ November 24, 2012
There's so many killbots behind us, I can't count them all! Three, I think.
½ October 13, 2012
Not the best Futurama movie but at the time of its release it was better than no Futurama at all. Not bad actually, but you are better off watching the series.
September 20, 2012
As a big futurama fan is was awesome to see them not completely kill of futurama
This is my favourite one of the 4 movies. Being a d&d and mtg fan this is the best in my eyes
September 16, 2012
It was better than Into the Wild Green Yonder, so I'm happy.