Futurama: Bender's Big Score - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Futurama: Bender's Big Score Reviews

½ February 14, 2016
time travel is fun! and has consequences of course, but isn't it all the fun? my favorite of the four Futurama movies.
½ February 11, 2016
Genuinely hilarious, lots of jokes - both clever and stupid - not to be missed!
December 29, 2015
why does this not get more love I can not think of one thing it did wrong
November 15, 2015
A humorous adventure full of touching and surprisingly thoughtful and beautiful moments in between brilliant slap stick and witty jokes, one of my favorite movies.
November 9, 2015
Just like the show -- hilarious with the over-the-top comedy. With all of the show's favorite characters ;)
June 17, 2015
After the executives who fired the Planet Express crew(and canceled "Waterfalls) are themselves fired, Professor Farnsworth reinstates everybody to much lower wages. In the ensuing celebration, tragedy strikes when Hermes, the office manager, is beheaded in a freak limbo accident. While otherwise okay, he sadly cannot accompany his co-workers to the nude beach planet where a new threat makes itself known.

On the plus side, "Bender's Big Score" definitely proves that Futurama could work at a feature level, with more than enough shout outs to its rotating cast of returning characters. Granted, it is a bit much to take that everything hangs on a simple internet scam before moving onto time travel. All of which admittedly is more entertaining than the lecture you might get at work, with a surprisingly well-done climax, but I would have thought that humanity(and whatever Zoidberg is) would have gotten smarter in the next thousand years but apparently not.
April 13, 2015
Bender's Big Score continues the hilarious adventure of the Planet Express crew. This time, Bender accidentally sold Planet Express to evil aliens and they discovered Fry possess a secret code for time travel. As the aliens took over Earth, our heroes must work together to save the planet as well as the love life of Leela.

It's just not the same as the TV show, it wasn't funny, the jokes were forced and the quality of voice acting was greatly reduced. The plot twist was great though, didn't see it coming. Not the best in the franchise but still watchable.
December 15, 2014
Futurama: Bender's Big Score is a hilarious and epic return for the beloved show. Its filled with a great story, hilarious jokes, great heart, and full of references to classic episodes. Its a classic example of why this show is timeless.
October 24, 2014
It was just as silly & nonsensical as the TV show. Good laughs and a whole bunch of time travel paradox mumbo-jumbo to make any fan have a good time.
October 15, 2014
A surprisingly complex, feature-length adaptation of one of the most beloved adult cartoons ever created. Even for a non-Futurama fan, it is a charming, well-written, complex story, and if you happen to be a fanatic...like myself...it's heaven.
½ August 17, 2014
Bender's Big Score gives us just enough of what we needed for it to be a pleasant experience. No longer bogged down by television censors, this film boasts a hit-or-miss edgier tone to its comedy. Along the lines of its story, the one taking place in the present (the future) is not without its plot holes, and the time travel portion actually makes more sense in retrospect. That being said, the whole ordeal with the scammers had its moments, but felt relatively unnecessary. I feel that Fry carried a lot of this movie's positive characteristics on his shoulders, as he does similarly with the series. His story-line feels more mature in this Futurama gag fest, which doesn't actually conflict all that much with setting an overall tone for the movie (though it still could've been a little more even). There's a lot going on here, some of it a bit lackluster, but most of it enjoyable. It's great to see the Planet Express crew back in action.
August 11, 2014
?dare eder.sonunu iyi baglamislar
½ August 4, 2014
Benders Big Score manages to perfectly encapsulate the very best of Futurama's flawlessly clever wit and surprisingly heartfelt themes without any forced filler. The chaotically fractured timeline combined with self-depricating meta-humor leads to this not only being the best Futurama film, but some of the best content the show has to offer.
August 4, 2014
This movie is full of the things that made futurama the fun ride that it is.
July 14, 2014
This started me watching this when I was 6. When I watched at the age I was confused, but it was still funny.
½ May 30, 2014
A pretty damn epic return for Futurama in almost any way you look at it. Fun, raunchy, hilarious. Buy it.
April 19, 2014
Just like the show it's based on, this is a near-perfect mixture of sci-fi and comedy with a great story and even a few heart-warming moments.
½ April 7, 2014
This movie reminds it fans and tells new comers why the show is amazing.
March 24, 2014
Cancelled after a mere 4 season run, Futurama went on to become a cult classic animated series, and considering its range of characters and the ambitious universe it is set in I'm not surprised. So for it to be finally continued is very satisfying.

An avid fan of Futurama myself, I found that Bender's Big Score was an excellent continuation of the series. It wasn't perfect, but it was thoroughly hilarious entertainment with a lot of colourful animation.
Its only flaws I found were that sometimes its time travel story became a little overwhelming with all its many paradox characters building up more and more and the fact that I found the scammer aliens to be pretty disgusting. But aside from those two minor elements, Bender's Big Score is a thoroughly entertaining continuation of the animated series.
Bender's Big Score brings back all the refreshing and clever comedy from the original series and even ramps it up a notch, making it consistently hilarious and well paced over the course of its 89 minute running time. I laughed plenty of times in Bender's Big Score at the clever story writing and hilarious characters. Bender's Big Score brings back all the classical hilarious characters from the Futurama series and gives them some hilarious moments, as well as bringing in some new ones for a few moments of humour.
Although Bender's Big Score boasts Bender as the main character, the film manages to actually balance all the characters to have good screen time while keeping the focus on two storylines. It follows both the hilarious journey of Futurama's greatest character Bender as he changes the past and the future in a series of hilarious plot dynamics, as well as following a compelling dramatic storyline for Fry and Leela which plays with the hearts of the viewers who hope for the best for them. The love theme which occurred between Fry and Leela for all 4 Seasons of Futurama is given another test run in Bender's Big Score, and in all honesty it is a touching and compelling effort which is likely to capture the interests of its viewers again as it unravels.
Bender's Big Score is a well paced direct-to-DVD film which knows what made the original TV series great and brings that out, resulting in an entertaining 89 minutes which is thoroughly satisfying entertainment and leaves viewers on a cliffhanger hoping for more of the best in the future.
March 9, 2014
Despite the show suffering from it's few flaws and pet peeves that eats at me in almost every episode, (not saying the show sucks or anything) this was a very well-thought out and clever movie that got me laughing and surprised at every minute. It was great to see certain call backs from the previous episodes but it was the layout and the revelations made though the time travel that got me understanding more of what has been occurring in the show. I always hated time travel plotted movies because I always considered it a paradox because if something happened in the past and resulted to the future, than wouldn't going back not changing anything because it already happened. And there are certain movies that do attempt to use the plot but mostly fails, has some important plot holes, or just results into a dues ex mechina because the writers cornered themselves. Yet here, the writers thought everything out and left very, very little to nothing unexplained. Especially the twist which I now feel like an idiot for not catching the resemblance in the characters (if you seen the movie you know what I mean). Everything and I mean everything was thought out so well. My only few issues I can say is like I said that it suffers from the flaws and pet peeves it has on the show. By that I mean that you thought a previous episode explained, settled, and left off on a more that said we're keeping it like that, but it didn't. Another being that it forgets it had something good to work with until later it says, "oh yeah, we had that. We'll use it here." It kinda went all over the place and led me on the believe that it was going to lead to a dues ex mechina ending, but the ending proved it was meant to be a bit out of place. And I kinda thought the Lars and Leela relationship was way too in your face towards Fry, way too cruel in my taste. If you'd watched the show enough to know how complicated, stupid, and on and off Fry and Leela's love/friend-zone relationship is and how it just tips the hair off your head because your just begging for the two to make up their mind and you don't care the outcome so long it's for real, than you know what I mean and why I find it way too cruel. Wait... If Fry left to the future after the pizza, than wouldn't his double that he met after eating the pizza a few minutes prior to the coming of himself again returning from the future again done the same instead of resulting to the twist instead of changing what happened again with him asking for a pizza but being broke instead of him asking for a place to stay. Ah... My head hurts... It burns... Ah... Dues ex mechina (I think)... Now you know why I hate time travel movies. IT MAKES NO SENSE! Point being this movie was great, now leave me alone before I burst my brain out for thinking too much... Ah!!!