Futurama: Bender's Big Score - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Futurama: Bender's Big Score Reviews

March 24, 2014
Cancelled after a mere 4 season run, Futurama went on to become a cult classic animated series, and considering its range of characters and the ambitious universe it is set in I'm not surprised. So for it to be finally continued is very satisfying.

An avid fan of Futurama myself, I found that Bender's Big Score was an excellent continuation of the series. It wasn't perfect, but it was thoroughly hilarious entertainment with a lot of colourful animation.
Its only flaws I found were that sometimes its time travel story became a little overwhelming with all its many paradox characters building up more and more and the fact that I found the scammer aliens to be pretty disgusting. But aside from those two minor elements, Bender's Big Score is a thoroughly entertaining continuation of the animated series.
Bender's Big Score brings back all the refreshing and clever comedy from the original series and even ramps it up a notch, making it consistently hilarious and well paced over the course of its 89 minute running time. I laughed plenty of times in Bender's Big Score at the clever story writing and hilarious characters. Bender's Big Score brings back all the classical hilarious characters from the Futurama series and gives them some hilarious moments, as well as bringing in some new ones for a few moments of humour.
Although Bender's Big Score boasts Bender as the main character, the film manages to actually balance all the characters to have good screen time while keeping the focus on two storylines. It follows both the hilarious journey of Futurama's greatest character Bender as he changes the past and the future in a series of hilarious plot dynamics, as well as following a compelling dramatic storyline for Fry and Leela which plays with the hearts of the viewers who hope for the best for them. The love theme which occurred between Fry and Leela for all 4 Seasons of Futurama is given another test run in Bender's Big Score, and in all honesty it is a touching and compelling effort which is likely to capture the interests of its viewers again as it unravels.
Bender's Big Score is a well paced direct-to-DVD film which knows what made the original TV series great and brings that out, resulting in an entertaining 89 minutes which is thoroughly satisfying entertainment and leaves viewers on a cliffhanger hoping for more of the best in the future.
March 9, 2014
Despite the show suffering from it's few flaws and pet peeves that eats at me in almost every episode, (not saying the show sucks or anything) this was a very well-thought out and clever movie that got me laughing and surprised at every minute. It was great to see certain call backs from the previous episodes but it was the layout and the revelations made though the time travel that got me understanding more of what has been occurring in the show. I always hated time travel plotted movies because I always considered it a paradox because if something happened in the past and resulted to the future, than wouldn't going back not changing anything because it already happened. And there are certain movies that do attempt to use the plot but mostly fails, has some important plot holes, or just results into a dues ex mechina because the writers cornered themselves. Yet here, the writers thought everything out and left very, very little to nothing unexplained. Especially the twist which I now feel like an idiot for not catching the resemblance in the characters (if you seen the movie you know what I mean). Everything and I mean everything was thought out so well. My only few issues I can say is like I said that it suffers from the flaws and pet peeves it has on the show. By that I mean that you thought a previous episode explained, settled, and left off on a more that said we're keeping it like that, but it didn't. Another being that it forgets it had something good to work with until later it says, "oh yeah, we had that. We'll use it here." It kinda went all over the place and led me on the believe that it was going to lead to a dues ex mechina ending, but the ending proved it was meant to be a bit out of place. And I kinda thought the Lars and Leela relationship was way too in your face towards Fry, way too cruel in my taste. If you'd watched the show enough to know how complicated, stupid, and on and off Fry and Leela's love/friend-zone relationship is and how it just tips the hair off your head because your just begging for the two to make up their mind and you don't care the outcome so long it's for real, than you know what I mean and why I find it way too cruel. Wait... If Fry left to the future after the pizza, than wouldn't his double that he met after eating the pizza a few minutes prior to the coming of himself again returning from the future again done the same instead of resulting to the twist instead of changing what happened again with him asking for a pizza but being broke instead of him asking for a place to stay. Ah... My head hurts... It burns... Ah... Dues ex mechina (I think)... Now you know why I hate time travel movies. IT MAKES NO SENSE! Point being this movie was great, now leave me alone before I burst my brain out for thinking too much... Ah!!!
½ February 9, 2014
Although I, myself, am a Futurama fan, I felt that this film suffered from alot of problems. The jokes fell forced and are very rarely funny, and a predictable ''plot twist'' are the two big things that absolutely ruin this film. I feel like it might have to do with the fact that the writers are used to writing a 22-minute show, and trying to stretch it to feature-leanth must have been a struggle, which feels aparent, since the film drags on in alot of places. All I have left to say is, if this is what ''Futurama'' fans considered the best of the 4 movies, I'd hate to see what they consider the worst of the 4 is like.
January 11, 2014
I'll get flak for this, but I think Futurama is even funnier than The Simpsons. It is so unfathomably perfect in every way, it boggles the mind. This movie was just one massive gift to the poor, forgotten fans of the most underrated show of all time.
½ December 31, 2013
Futurama's back with an all new adventure in Bender's Big Score. After an untimely cancellation, the gang returns with this full-length feature. And, who better than Bender to center the story around? Surprisingly, the Bender part of the story is pretty clever, with layers of time-travel and doppelgangers. To the story's credit, the continuity with the rest of the series is pretty solid and holds up. However, the side-plots surrounding the Bender plot are weak and don't hold the film together very well. While it's fun to return to the series pilot through Fry's time-traveling adventures (giving a new perspective to the major events of the show), the plot just isn't strong enough to sustain a full-length feature. Still, Futurama: Bender's Big Score is full of hilarity and outrageous hijinks.
November 20, 2013
Found it a bit dull and drawn out compared to the regular show.
October 25, 2013
awesome great movie loved it best Futurama thing yet
October 12, 2013
wow what a movie.....i have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a brilliant movie 2 watch (I AM A HUGE FAN OF BOTH SIMPSONS/FUTURAMA as there both so brilliantly made)........its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that lauren tom, katey sagal (from the brilliant tv series married with children/sons of anarchy), phil lamarr, snoop dogg, frank welker, play good roles/parts throughout this move.......i think that the director of this animation/sci-fi/fantasy/comedy movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......im not sure which is the best futurama movie 2 watch as there all so funny 2 watch......i think that this is a really enjoyable movie 2 watch.......its such a good comedy/animation movie 2 watch its so funny to watch......im not sure which is my favourite futurama movie 2 watch because there all so good in there own ways as there all so funny to watch.....i think that this is so funny to watch im not sure which is the best character throughout futurama as there all so funny in there own ways......i think that this is a brilliant movie 2 watch.....i think that this is a great movie 2 watch its so really well directed/written/acted its got a brilliant cast throughout this movie.....i think that this is so really enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie.....im not sure which is the best futurama movie 2 watch because there all so funny to watch its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.....i think that there all really enjoyable comedy/animation movies 2 watch because there all so funny to watch its so really well directed/written/acted its got a great cast throughout this movie....i think that there all really well directed movies 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie its so funny to watch its got some good animation scenes throughout this movie its so funny to watch theres loads of action/adventure scenes thorughout this movie there all really enjoyable movies 2 watch as there all so funny movies 2 watch
September 15, 2013
Futurama is one of my all time favorite series, blending sharp wit with crazy good animation.
September 11, 2013
Fry thank God I didn't kill you.... But I don't want people to think I'm incompetent so hold still...(aims gun). Classic!!!!
½ July 17, 2013
Had my worries, but at least 2 years after cancellation, they had not yet succumbed to the Family Guy virus of terrible comedy. Love the story and the series references, though the ending is kind of bullshit. I presume the next one resolves it.
July 14, 2013
This is the strongest of the four Futurama films we got and it is one of my personal favorite animated films. It's take on the time travel aspect is original and genius and knows how to make what seems to be a complicated story come full circle in such a creative way and the things that aren't explained are meant to be left a mystery. Not to mention that this movie has one of the best space battles in film history that is not only entertaining but delivers the message of unity in defiance of a common enemy.
skactopus
June 24, 2013
Dwayne Carey-Hill delivers some good news (everyone) with an 85 minute story known as Futurama: Bender's Big Score.Futurama is definitely more tolerable in small intervals, like the series episodes where this stems from, but there is enough shenanigans happening in this film to fill the allotted time. Time travel is heavily used in the plot details; sure, there are always questions and uncertainty on this subject, but this picture runs with it and turns it into an amusing story.There are many pass episode throwbacks to be seen. Whether it is in the jokes or character cameos, Futurama: Bender's Big Score knows how to have fun. On top of that it even blends it all with some seriousness.The character voice work is solid. Billy West, Katey Sagal, and John DiMaggio get the job done with their assigned personifications.All that's left to say is that Futurama: Bender's Big Score is a successful feature for its targeted audience.
June 10, 2013
My absolute favorite of the movies.
May 26, 2013
FINALLY

FUTURAMA IS BACKKKKKKK!!!!!
May 6, 2013
More of an extended episode of the show than it is a movie. But it still has all the colorful animation, characters and humor that fans of the show have come to expect.
April 18, 2013
Hilarious. Recommend when stoned. ^__^
April 12, 2013
Deserves its 100% review !!!!! A good laugh for teens and adults alike. #Recommended
½ April 8, 2013
Excellent movie adaptation fit for the theatres but too bad it was straight to DVD.