Futurama: Bender's Big Score - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Futurama: Bender's Big Score Reviews

½ February 9, 2014
Although I, myself, am a Futurama fan, I felt that this film suffered from alot of problems. The jokes fell forced and are very rarely funny, and a predictable ''plot twist'' are the two big things that absolutely ruin this film. I feel like it might have to do with the fact that the writers are used to writing a 22-minute show, and trying to stretch it to feature-leanth must have been a struggle, which feels aparent, since the film drags on in alot of places. All I have left to say is, if this is what ''Futurama'' fans considered the best of the 4 movies, I'd hate to see what they consider the worst of the 4 is like.
January 11, 2014
I'll get flak for this, but I think Futurama is even funnier than The Simpsons. It is so unfathomably perfect in every way, it boggles the mind. This movie was just one massive gift to the poor, forgotten fans of the most underrated show of all time.
½ December 31, 2013
Futurama's back with an all new adventure in Bender's Big Score. After an untimely cancellation, the gang returns with this full-length feature. And, who better than Bender to center the story around? Surprisingly, the Bender part of the story is pretty clever, with layers of time-travel and doppelgangers. To the story's credit, the continuity with the rest of the series is pretty solid and holds up. However, the side-plots surrounding the Bender plot are weak and don't hold the film together very well. While it's fun to return to the series pilot through Fry's time-traveling adventures (giving a new perspective to the major events of the show), the plot just isn't strong enough to sustain a full-length feature. Still, Futurama: Bender's Big Score is full of hilarity and outrageous hijinks.
November 20, 2013
Found it a bit dull and drawn out compared to the regular show.
October 25, 2013
awesome great movie loved it best Futurama thing yet
October 12, 2013
wow what a movie.....i have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a brilliant movie 2 watch (I AM A HUGE FAN OF BOTH SIMPSONS/FUTURAMA as there both so brilliantly made)........its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that lauren tom, katey sagal (from the brilliant tv series married with children/sons of anarchy), phil lamarr, snoop dogg, frank welker, play good roles/parts throughout this move.......i think that the director of this animation/sci-fi/fantasy/comedy movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......im not sure which is the best futurama movie 2 watch as there all so funny 2 watch......i think that this is a really enjoyable movie 2 watch.......its such a good comedy/animation movie 2 watch its so funny to watch......im not sure which is my favourite futurama movie 2 watch because there all so good in there own ways as there all so funny to watch.....i think that this is so funny to watch im not sure which is the best character throughout futurama as there all so funny in there own ways......i think that this is a brilliant movie 2 watch.....i think that this is a great movie 2 watch its so really well directed/written/acted its got a brilliant cast throughout this movie.....i think that this is so really enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie.....im not sure which is the best futurama movie 2 watch because there all so funny to watch its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.....i think that there all really enjoyable comedy/animation movies 2 watch because there all so funny to watch its so really well directed/written/acted its got a great cast throughout this movie....i think that there all really well directed movies 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie its so funny to watch its got some good animation scenes throughout this movie its so funny to watch theres loads of action/adventure scenes thorughout this movie there all really enjoyable movies 2 watch as there all so funny movies 2 watch
September 15, 2013
Futurama is one of my all time favorite series, blending sharp wit with crazy good animation.
September 11, 2013
Fry thank God I didn't kill you.... But I don't want people to think I'm incompetent so hold still...(aims gun). Classic!!!!
½ July 17, 2013
Had my worries, but at least 2 years after cancellation, they had not yet succumbed to the Family Guy virus of terrible comedy. Love the story and the series references, though the ending is kind of bullshit. I presume the next one resolves it.
July 14, 2013
This is the strongest of the four Futurama films we got and it is one of my personal favorite animated films. It's take on the time travel aspect is original and genius and knows how to make what seems to be a complicated story come full circle in such a creative way and the things that aren't explained are meant to be left a mystery. Not to mention that this movie has one of the best space battles in film history that is not only entertaining but delivers the message of unity in defiance of a common enemy.
June 24, 2013
Dwayne Carey-Hill delivers some good news (everyone) with an 85 minute story known as Futurama: Bender's Big Score.Futurama is definitely more tolerable in small intervals, like the series episodes where this stems from, but there is enough shenanigans happening in this film to fill the allotted time. Time travel is heavily used in the plot details; sure, there are always questions and uncertainty on this subject, but this picture runs with it and turns it into an amusing story.There are many pass episode throwbacks to be seen. Whether it is in the jokes or character cameos, Futurama: Bender's Big Score knows how to have fun. On top of that it even blends it all with some seriousness.The character voice work is solid. Billy West, Katey Sagal, and John DiMaggio get the job done with their assigned personifications.All that's left to say is that Futurama: Bender's Big Score is a successful feature for its targeted audience.
June 10, 2013
My absolute favorite of the movies.
May 26, 2013

May 6, 2013
More of an extended episode of the show than it is a movie. But it still has all the colorful animation, characters and humor that fans of the show have come to expect.
April 18, 2013
Hilarious. Recommend when stoned. ^__^
April 12, 2013
Deserves its 100% review !!!!! A good laugh for teens and adults alike. #Recommended
½ April 8, 2013
Excellent movie adaptation fit for the theatres but too bad it was straight to DVD.
April 5, 2013
We all knew that when Futurama were to return, it would have to come back down on Earth, and it does so with its brilliance and unique storylines that it borrows from a few episodes. It's a shame that the introduced character only appears for just a few seconds, though; it's as if they made a filler moment.
March 31, 2013
"Futurama Bender's Big Score" is the first movie of Futurama, and definitely a fun movie. Not only it is faithful to the TV show but it is also easy to follow, there is no time that the comedy looks uninteresting. The story is about Bender being controlled by some aliens which will help them to steal a lot of treasures...