F/X 2: The Deadly Art of Illusion Reviews

• Jun 19, 2018

A guilty pleasure. The remote controlled clown fights and supermarket combat make this a joyous classic. RIP Velez.

• Jul 05, 2017

Easy watching, good acting, moments of special effects are surprisingly good. This is a film with enough suspense that it keeps you wondering when it's all going to go wrong. For an old movie it manages surprisingly well to avoid being dated and has a good entertainment value with an early 90's cinematic feel.

• Mar 13, 2017

Way more fun than the original. Even Brown's character is a lot less douchey. His chemistry with Dennehy is great. Over the top and ridiculous in parts, but it's all in good fun.

• Oct 28, 2015

I found F/X 2 to be allright in this sequel bryan brown has stopped the special effects business and now makes toys for children but browns lady friends ex an nypd detective played by tom mason wants brown to him help bait a trap for some killer he decides to go through with it unfortunately mason gets knocked off during the stakeout and when he suspects that the police might have something to do with it he asks his friend a former nypd detective now PI played by brian dennehy who was also in the first movie

• Aug 04, 2015

Did you know both these Brians are still alive? Neither did I but I was glad to hear it as I enjoyed their work in the 80's and '90s. This movie wasn't as good in 2015 as it was in 1991 but it still has its moments. Bryan Brown does dispatch a bad guy with frozen turkeys after all.

• Apr 01, 2015

The magic of these two leads is still there....not often in this movie but still there.

• Sep 11, 2014

Decent movie. It's fairly entertaining, in action, comedy, and effects, but the plot and the performances just can't carry it to be a good movie.

• Jun 15, 2014

It's not good but it's not awful. The only reason it seems to exist is to piss off the people, like me, who loved the first film. The two stars don't embarrass themselves but nobody thought of doing another one either.

• Jan 31, 2014

all the original cast returns in this flimsy sequel.

all the original cast returns in this flimsy sequel.

• Jan 30, 2014

Just below its predecessor; very capable sequel.

Just below its predecessor; very capable sequel.