Fyre Fraud Reviews

• Apr 06, 2019

They try to talk shit about netflix's documentary, paid the scam artist too. Hulu has no fucking morals. I will never subscribe to their piece of shit platform. Get a fucking spine.

• Mar 26, 2019

Fantastic documentary on Millenial influencer culture.

Fantastic documentary on Millenial influencer culture.

• Mar 08, 2019

Worst of the 2 docs on the Fyre Festival plus this one paid Billy. Ugh.

Worst of the 2 docs on the Fyre Festival plus this one paid Billy. Ugh.

• Mar 08, 2019

I found myself laughing out loud way to often in this movie.

I found myself laughing out loud way to often in this movie.

• Mar 07, 2019

Huluï¿ 1/2(TM)s documentary, ï¿ 1/2Fyre Fraud,ï¿ 1/2Â? on the now infamous Fyre Fest is not quite as gripping of a watch as Netflixï¿ 1/2(TM)s ï¿ 1/2Fyre.ï¿ 1/2Â? However, I feel this documentary complements it well and provides further insights for those interested in learning more about this disaster of an event. I would definitely recommend the documentary on Netflix over this one as it seems to serve more as an overview while this one just tells the story in order but in a far less interesting way. Itï¿ 1/2(TM)s still a very solid, and well put together documentary film, but itï¿ 1/2(TM)s ultimately hard to look at it without comparing it to its superior counterpart.

• Mar 04, 2019

Back for more. So back in 2017, there were a bunch of millennials stranded on island with promises of a luxury music festival, but getting FEMA tents and cheese sandwiches instead. This is the other documentary about those events. Now back in the beginning of 2019, Netflix was doing some heavy advertising about their documentary of the Fyre Festival, slated to come out on January 18th. What they didn't know is that Hulu was waiting in the shadows, and they dropped their Fyre Festival documentary a mere four days earlier, effectively beating them to the punch. It is a bit sneaky and maybe a bit shady, but why pay for advertisements when your competition can do all the work for you. I have now seen both of the documentaries, and I do prefer the Netflix version. Now this is most definitely an interesting enough subject matter to merit multiple movies, and there is one big difference between the Netflix and Hulu documentaries: Hulu got Billy McFarland, the one at the top of the pyramid in this scheme. I'm sure they had to pay him for his interview (rumors are between $100 - $250k), which is why he accepted, because if there is ever a person who has collectors to pay, it's him. It is nice to see him be confronted with facts... but I don't feel like he sheds a whole lot of light on the event. Sure, it does get the point across that he doesn't have really any remorse about his actions, but with the interview that they conducted with him, he comes off like a petulant child. Whenever there is a line of questioning that he doesn't want to continue, he will either say, "I'm not going to comment on that," remain silent, or leave the room. I don't think it's a terribly good interview, and the Netflix documentary doesn't waste your time, remaining focused on telling as complete of a story as possible. Obviously these two movies cover very similar ground, but to award more points to Netflix, I feel like they were able to remain more objective than Hulu, which makes sense, given that the Netflix documentary is produced by Vice News. This feels a lot more biased, with lots of random media spliced and edited in, designed to make you feel a certain way. It also feels more produced, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just cared for the tone in the Netflix documentary more. It is still a fascinating subject matter, and if you can't get enough of this story, then by all means, watch both documentaries.

• Mar 01, 2019

An interesting documentary about a failed music festival.

An interesting documentary about a failed music festival.

• Feb 16, 2019

love the documentary and how millennials are stupid

love the documentary and how millennials are stupid

• Feb 13, 2019

A revealing doc about a scam perpetuated using social media.

A revealing doc about a scam perpetuated using social media.

• Feb 12, 2019

Not as well structured as the Netflix doc, but still an intriguing one to watch!