Gabrielle Reviews

• Dec 02, 2018

Love story between mentally challenged that is practically perfect. The acting is incredibly good and fresh, the story fetching. Simple but effective.

• May 30, 2015

An interesting look into the lives of developmentally challenged adults, from obstacles to creative outlets, as well as their family dynamics.

• Dec 26, 2014

Excellent performances. Very real and very moving. Music is terrific. Treatment of disabilities is handled in a matter-of-fact and supportive way.

• Jul 24, 2014

This movie was awesome. For this movie to come out of Canada is even more incredible.It has Unbelievable performances from the characters in the film named Gabrielle and Martin. This movie should have been at the Oscars, but the simplicity of the story might be the reason than the rest of the powerful execution for not making thus far. The real winners are these two lead characters, who made the movie into a splendid piece of art. It makes so sad for not widely noticed, could have been appreciated everywhere if it was a Hollywood product. So what I say is dub this movie and spread it because I don't want movie goer to miss this wonderful flick.

• Jul 22, 2014

French Canadian movie about a young woman with Williams syndrome. It was also the Canada's entry for the 86th American Academy Awards, but it did not find a place in the final nominee list. A great potential tale which speaks about an innocent love story in the cruel world. 22 year-old Gabrielle with Williams syndrome is good at music and one of the leading choirs who are preparing for an event. She comes to know her, fellow choir member Martin and fall in love. But, before the relationship going to be thicken get opposed by their parents. The reason won't convince them, so they decide to prove and that is the story this beautiful movie explores with great intensity. ''I think it's great, everything you've done for your sister. But you have to stop hiding behind her.'' This is one of the awesome movie that I saw from the Canada. Unbelievable performances the character Gabrielle and Martin. This movie should have been at the Oscars, but the simplicity of the story might be the reason than the rest of the powerful execution for not making thus far. The real winners are these two lead characters, who made the movie into a splendid piece of art. It makes so sad for not widely noticed, could have been appreciated everywhere if it was a Hollywood product. So what I say is dub this movie and spread it because I don't want movie goer to miss this wonderful flick. There are many things to learn from it, especially music was another highlight. Both, 'Ordinary' and 'The Passenger' tracks are my favorite. So two more songs to put into my movie song collection, though it was not composed specially for the movie, but I liked it. Anyway, a movie not to be missed if you like the dramas with emotionally appealing concepts.

• Jul 10, 2014

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER: My take on the movies The Amazing Catfish and Gabrielle http://ow.ly/z0sdU

• Jun 15, 2014

A very touching movie with mind-blowingly realistic performances and obvious love put in by the writer/director. While the film is predictable and far from the best this year, it certainly is a moving journey.

• Apr 22, 2014

"istek varsa engel yok" filmi.

"istek varsa engel yok" filmi.

• Apr 15, 2014

me encanto! muy linda película

me encanto! muy linda película

• Apr 14, 2014

A beautifully touching film about the life and struggles of developmentally challenged adults. Casting was perfect and the story has so much heart. A must-see!