Gacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gacy Reviews

November 25, 2015
Expected more, poorly acted.
September 2, 2015
Boring! Not funny at all.
August 9, 2015
This is the most unfocused, flaccid, weak portrayal of a killer that I could imagine. Give me my two hours back so I can watch the Disney channel. Even their limpid plots would surpass this.
½ April 11, 2015
as bad as they get....
February 28, 2015
I know the Gacy story pretty well and was deeply disappointed that this boring, cheap piece of waste isn't it.
½ July 11, 2014
Not very faithful to the events that took place and becomes very slapdash. Mark Holton's performance as Gacy is good. Other than that the movie is not.
TheDudeLebowski65
January 26, 2014
Gacy is a disturbing low budget psycho horror film that mixes crime elements with biography to create a decent film that could have been a bit better. Now, I'll go on and say, due to the subject, this is not a film for everyone, and it is a film that is horrifying in terms of the fact that this based on a true life serial killer. Very much like the movie Dahmer starring Jeremy Renner, Gacy, goes into the mind of a depraved and sick individual, thus the subsequent horror is much more significant due to the fact that these events actually happened. Viewers interested in this subject may find this to be a good film. As for me, I thought it was a good little psycho horror film, but one that doesn't necessitate multiple viewings. For what it tries to accomplish, this film succeeds at disturbing its viewers by its story and visuals, and for that, it's an accomplished low budget affair, but one that is inaccurate of the facts, and is mostly played out for entertainment purposes. Mark Holton delivers a good performance in the lead role, but the film could have been so much better as well. However as it is, it's still a disturbing ride into madness, one that will certainly delight fans of these types of films. For a straight to DVD title, Gacy is better than expected, but like I said, could have been a bit better with a tighter script, and focusing more on the facts, then this film really would have stood out and be one of the definitive psycho horror films to watch. Gacy has its flaws, but it does succeed at being unsettling, and I guess that if you're looking for just that, then you ought to watch this film.
½ October 20, 2013
These serial killer films are really hit or miss, most of them are misses, for a variety of reasons. They are usually cheaply made, direct-to-video films, with an inexperienced cast, trying to profiteer on the infamy of these evil men. That being said, I decided to watch Gacy anyway, because of all the insane people who became infamous, John Wayne Gacy, may have been the craziest. This married man with kids, ran a construction business, that only employed young boys, and on the weekends, he made extra money by dressing up as a clown for children's birthday parties. This man was seen as a wimpy, harmless, closeted guy, no one would have ever thought they'd find 27 bodies underneath his house. The producers of the film, Gacy, decided to take it in a different direction than similar films by introducing Gacy as this loveable loser. If you didn't know the story and just popped in the film for the hell of it, I'd have thought this was some kind of comedy....until it wasn't. Veteran character actor, Mark Holton, stars as Gacy and was terrific, he was honestly the only reason to watch the film, especially after it turned. The story is horrific and the rest of the cast amounts to little more than eye candy, but Holton really pulls everything together, takes you inside Gacy's tortured mind, and makes this movie more than just another slasher film. After watching Gacy, I did what everyone else would do and Wiki'ed John Wayne Gacy. I wasn't surprised to see that the film is considered to be wildly inaccurate. Obviously five people aren't going to live in a house with 27 rotting bodies underneath and be almost completely oblivious to it, so I knew the film probably had a lot of bull shit in it. The film does have a talented star that really makes this film much more interesting then the other serial killer bio-pics.
October 19, 2013
A lackluster and forgettable serial killer flick that has a couple of disturbing parts, but, overall, manages to be pretty boring....
½ October 9, 2013
Am I wrong for having expectations for Mark Holton (PWBA's Francis!) playing serial killer John Wayne Gacy? A bigger question is how come all of these serial killer movies based on real and interesting killers suck?
September 27, 2013
Pretty good movie overall actings not the best but good plot. movie starts off a bit slow and builds to just get better and better.
½ September 27, 2013
Very hard to watch as Gacy lures and slaughters countless boys to then bury them in the crawlspace under the house.. He deserved his punishment.
August 15, 2013
I liked the film. It gave an interesting perspective on John Wayne Gacy. It's not really a horror film as much as its a story of horrible events. It's creepy and eerie and you find yourself hoping that you have better neighbors than Gacy did. Why did no one call the cops when maggots and carcas smell reigned through their street.
June 7, 2013
I was impressed with Mark Holton's performance in this film. But I felt that the story of John Wayne Gacy was all over the place. So I give this a "C" in my defense.
May 28, 2013
not terrible. Watch only for the vague insight on the serial killer gacy.
May 6, 2013
March 31, 2013
The only thing that stuck with me was the imagery of those creepy crawlers under the Gacy house.
½ March 20, 2013
A dreadfully slow and fictionalised account of The Killer Clown. So many inaccuracies pepper this made-for-TV-movie making it ridiculous and tedious. With so much real-life subject matter to draw from I can only assume this was made by people unfamiliar with the John Wayne Gacy case and that it was aimed at the mid-morning schedule. Poor characterisation and meandering story. Although it was canny to see Adam Baldwin and Charlie Webber in it. Watch a Nat Geo documentary instead.
½ January 30, 2013
It was all good! Besides the excessive amounts of mealworms and madagscar hissing cockroaches in his crawl space....
½ January 26, 2013
The worst serial killer movie I have ever seen. I felt like the director/writer tried to make Gacy look like a good guy for the first hour. It was disturbing...and bad.