Gajokeui tansaeng (Family Ties) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gajokeui tansaeng (Family Ties) Reviews

June 21, 2010
Me gustó mucho. Empieza lenta pero estaba seguro que iban a entrelazar las historias y en la forma que lo hacen es magistral y super bien digirida. Es amena y mantiene al expectador atento con la ironía de las situaciones. Me agrada mucho que la haya elegido para el festival de cine koreano. Altamente recomendada para el cinéfilo de verdad.
September 18, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
August 5, 2009
Unexpectedly funny, heart warming and above all, refreshing.
½ June 19, 2009
Película encantadora, 3 originales historias familiares contadas con mucha naturalidad gracias a su dirección y excelentes actuaciones. Me gustó bastante el trabajo realizado en la fotografí­a y música que en ningún momento intentan sobresalir por encima de los que nos están contando.

Otra pequeña joya del cine coreano :)
July 20, 2008
Interesting story, good scenery and lovely music..
½ March 15, 2008
aah, family ties.. i kinda like the series better tho
February 19, 2008
Very charming at times, and very opaque at others.
February 4, 2008
I actually thought this was a romantic comedy. Overall, it has a great story about family issues. I liked the way how they connected the characters in the movie.
½ December 5, 2007
Great drama about family dis/connections. The cover makes it look like a romantic comedy. I have no idea why they did that.
½ November 10, 2007
Three crosscutting stories come to a meeting point in a spiritless finale! Dwelling on the intertwining people's lives in the depths of urban society in Korea is a bad, bad film!
November 4, 2007
Saw this at the recent Korean Film festival at the Barbican. A quirky portmanteau movie containing three stories of troubled family relations. The most impressive thing is the way the director and actors are able to develop such fascinating and psychologically complicated characters in such a short time frame.

A bitter-sweet fable the film jumps between humour and tragedy with the ease of most Korean films, and even the occasional bursts of over the top sentiment seem to be more charming than annoying, which is very much in keeping with the national film aesthetic. In this sense the film's ridiculously contrived ending, which brings together all the seemingly unrelated characters, triumphantly demonstrates how arbitrary family ties actually can be.
August 31, 2007
I watched this on the way home from Hong Kong. Absolutely loved it, just wish I could get it on DVD here in the UK
½ August 17, 2007
Obviously not based on the TV show. This was far too disjointed. By the time you get into one story, the film has already moved on. Most of the characters are thoroughly unlikable as well. By the time things come together at the end, I hardly cared
August 1, 2007
Its ok. Freaky ending.
August 1, 2007
it was kinda weird at first but in the end it was sweet =]
½ July 10, 2007
I initially only wanted to watch this movie because of Gong Hyo Jin. The three stories are initially irrelevant, but as the story unraveled, I constantly had to pause in order to think about the "Family Ties." The stories were brilliantly wound together and though I was confused at first, I finally understood the time shift. Overall, a satisfying movie, especially with Gong Hyo Jin's performance as well as the other actresses' performances. Congratulations on the heroines winning the Grand Bell Award in Greece!
½ June 28, 2007
A sound attempt to redefine what it means to be a family in modern society. Its winning the Grand Bell Award means Korean movie festival juries finally began to prioritize artistic merits over ticket sales.
½ June 20, 2007
See it before you rate almost 5stars...
½ June 11, 2007
This was a really great trilogy of three stories. It really wasn't a comedy at all and it was very Korean in its style. Definately worth seeing!