Gallery of Horrors Reviews

• Aug 12, 2018

Good old school horror shorts. Lon Chaney and John Carradine. Worth the watch!

Good old school horror shorts. Lon Chaney and John Carradine. Worth the watch!

• Nov 09, 2013

So bad it is an epic masterpiece of great entertainment--The Cinema Art of David L. Hewitt!!

• Dec 08, 2012

Jings. Having the great John Carradine narrate the linking sequences can't hide the fact that this film is pants. And pants out of the bottom drawer at that. A portmanteau horror film with the same actors appearing in each segment would be passable if the actors were any good. They're really, really bad. In addition to acting so wooden I thought I could discern traces of Hymenoscyphus pseudoalbidus (ash dieback), there's cardboard scenery and footage recycled from Corman's Poe adaptations and a script that could have been written during an episode of Loose Women (with the author going out for a fag during ad breaks). No cliche is left unturned. F***ing hell!

• May 24, 2010

Notorious turkey has nostalgic followers who saw this on TV, but I didn't have the pleasure. Laughably inept and best viewed with a group. The short stories are bad to horrid and the ludicrously titled "King Vampire" has become an in-joke at our house. Carradine pads the running time with endless introductions to each story. The sight of a bloated, disspirited Lon Chaney, Jr. is just sad. Only for those who love good bad movies.