Game Change - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Game Change Reviews

May 7, 2018
Excellent. Julianne Moore is JUST like Palin. The way she speaks, moves, looks. Ed Harris, as usual, nailed McCain. Woody Harrelson..an exciting performance.
January 31, 2018
Wow! Great casting choices for this movie. It's an interesting movie with great actors.
½ August 26, 2017
Did not think I would be interested in the Sarah Palin story but I caught a couple minutes of this and got sucked in. This has a very specific focus on her stint as Vice-Presidential running-mate to John McCain. I kind of hated her and found her to be a toxic bitch when that was going on. I doubt I would have watched this had I not known she was going to lose. But she did and I did and it was actually pretty good. Setting aside American political rhetoric - hopefully - if that is possible - this is a study of the value of celebrity over substance and how far society has degenerated in that regard. The stupid people have so much power. It is scary. This movie accomplished what I thought was impossible. It made me feel sorry for Sarah Palin. For a little while anyway. I only knew she was a crappy person emblematic of all that is wrong with western democracy. I didn't realize how painfully stupid she is. So clueless. But then she turned into the toxic bitch again so I could return to hating her. Then she lost so it's all good. I love Julianne Moore but was only lukewarm on her being cast as Palin here. Her acting was good but physically, something wasn't clicking for me. Anyhoo . . . 7 out of 10.
August 18, 2017
An excellent movie from start to finish. The entire cast is excellent. Julianne Moore gives one of the best performances of her career as then Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. A role for which she rightfully won an Emmy. While it's terrific Moore won, that award should not have been the only acting Emmy awarded. Ed Harris, and Sarah Paulson were terrific in their roles as Arizona Senator John McCain and Nicole Wallace. Woody Harrelson is phenomenal as McCain Chief Campaign Strategist Steve Schmidt. They all should have won Emmys for their performances. "Game Change" does an excellent job in showing just how tough a political campaign could be and the toll it takes not just on the candidates but the people who work behind the scenes as well. It also shows that despite trying to appear larger than life in front of crowds of supporters, political candidates are human just like everybody else. That is something that made this movie work so well. The movie gives great insight into the US political landscape and I highly recommend you see it if you have not already.
½ June 24, 2017
We're no longer disappointed that Tina Fey didn't get the role that ended up going to Julianne Moore.
December 9, 2016
Julianne Moore is spot on as Sarah Palin.
November 26, 2016
Watching this in a post Trump world is very eye opening on how the extreme right of Palin lit a match lightly to a particular type of American. It's tough to see that the mild decisiveness seen here has now gone to a gargantuan level in the modern world. As a film. Powerful. Cringeworthy. Tough. Honest.
½ September 18, 2016
Was an interesting movie. It makes you want to Respect McCain even more, also when you think about it Palin could had been his only real choice.

With candidates like Donald Trump. It is scary that these people don't really know issues they should know. I think my favorite part is when it mentioned that Ronald Reagan thought pollution came frome trees. The point is everyone is human and make mistakes.
½ September 1, 2016
Julianne Moore has Sarah Palin forever perfectly. An eye-opening look at 2008 and the John McClain campaign for presidency and the choosing of his running mate. Thoroughly entertaining!
August 23, 2016
The story was a good one, giving even those of us who might have looked on in disgust at the McCain-Palin campaign in 2008 a new perspective and a reason to sympathize with John McCain, Sarah Palin, and all those behind the scenes without turning them into a gaggle of Mary Sues.

That said, the whole thing from beginning to end felt rushed, and I wonder if maybe it would have been better as a miniseries. The acting was superb with the occasional exception of a cartoonish vibe from Moore's portrayal of Sarah Palin.
August 18, 2016
This movie is the propaganda at its finest.
Perfect for those who think they are actually voting at he machine...
Perfect for those who do not realize that the

Federal Reserve is NOT A FEDERAL institution And is privately owned.....

This movie is scripted ...just like our news and elections.
½ June 16, 2016
Politically astute and incredibly acted.
May 12, 2016
i am a realist but we all know that hollywood hate conservatives and they will sway their movies and opinions one way. not saying i am a palin fan or palin hater but they loved showing us or telling us the bad parts of her, true or not.
½ March 2, 2016
This is a film about reality, about things that really happened to people that really exist. And in that, I felt deeply moved but also informed. And I left with a greater respect for McCain, and greater sympathy for Palin.
½ February 22, 2016
Sarah Palin is portray with some sympathy.
February 11, 2016
What terrific performance by Julienne Moore , Ed Harris and Woody Harrleson. I do not like Sarah Palin and I also believe she is a symbol of what is wrong with American politics. It is not what you know it is how popular you are that will usually get one elected. Thank God we got it right in 2008. By all means see this great film. I'm glad I did.
½ February 6, 2016
Interesting movie. I think we can all agree that maybe she wasnt the best choice for VP, but is that her fault? What I think happened is that someone who wasn't ready for the position was pushed into the light and sadly it broke her. It has now turned her into a completely different person. Also what shocked about this version of the story is that it seemed John McCain couldn't be bothered with her. He should have been the one to set straight what she needed to do. It also seems that it really didnt matter who the running mate was because no one could touch Obama the celebrity. So glad that he will be out of office this time next year and hopefully America makes a better choice this time.
½ January 29, 2016
Interesting turn of events. B
½ December 18, 2015
I came out feeling pity for Sarah Palin - and she comes over innocently unprepared for the office she was almost forced into. The performances are very strong, and this film reinforces how big a bullet the US may have dodged in 2008 by electing Obama/Biden.