Gang Tapes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gang Tapes Reviews

blkbomb
March 22, 2014
Gang Tapes is an ultra realistic look at the gang lifestyle and how it hooks the urban youth. It's weird seeing this so soon after seeing Snow on Tha Bluff as they are basically the same from a technical standpoint, using a handheld camera, and with their premise. Both use a robbery of tourists in order to get the camera which will present their hood lifestyle. I thinks it's fair to say that Snow on Tha Bluff used Gang Tapes as inspiration.

This follows 13 year old Kris who is friends with some local gangsters. The day one of the most respected and feared gangsters gets out of jail, one of their boys is killed. Kris asks to ride with them as they look to get revenge. After some initiations, getting the shit beat out of him and shooting someone, he's in. From there we watch as the gang lifestyle of Kris catches up to him early.

While not for everyone, Gang Tapes is about as real as it gets when it comes to the hood genre of films. It doesn't shy away from everything and the filmmakers did extensive research and interviews in order to make the film feel as real as possible. Mission accomplished.
½ May 28, 2013
te hand held camera effect made it seem almost too real at times. the shootings seemed authentic and made an uneasy feeling. overall it turned out to be a much better gangster flick than i had expected and i would definatly recommend it.
May 22, 2013
it a very good movie its true thoe I stay in the hood
December 17, 2012
best movie to watch bruh
½ November 5, 2011
This movie is truly amazing. A dark and realistic look into the self destructive culture of LA gangs.
½ October 30, 2011
This documentary type movie has you believing these are real gang tapes. This is some waked out shit and leaves you scared afterwards.
August 30, 2011
Funniest movie of the year.
½ February 18, 2011
An interesting exercise that grows tedious by the time it's recycled it's own plot points twice. I'm also betting that it was made by a white guy.
October 21, 2010
This film kept it real.
½ August 28, 2010
½ July 27, 2010
Gang Tapes is a powerful, heavy, and emotional drama that is a prime example of the personal effect that POV can have on the audience.
½ July 11, 2010
You're probly not ready for this.
March 9, 2010
Blair Witch Project + Boyz'n the Hood = Gang Tapes
Dokumenttimaisella tavalla tehty elokuva LA:n jengeistä ja heidän jengi sodistaan toimii todella hyvin.
March 24, 2009
This movie was actually a pretty good one you know!!! I also loved the way that the movie was shot, as well....
August 26, 2008
I luv this shit.. for reals..Its real life shit, nothings timed or planned or acted out..
straight real and gee.. just how i like it..
½ August 4, 2008
Guns don't kill people. People kill people... with guns...there's a difference...
August 1, 2008
this is so gangsta an crack up but a bit sad....:(
½ June 17, 2008
Movie is a great depiction of the gangs of south california
March 21, 2008
PREPORUCUJEM I GARANTUJEM, da ovakav film niste nikada gledali!!!
March 10, 2008
yea dis da movie its all da way gangsta my type of movie