Garfield Gets Real - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Garfield Gets Real Reviews

April 18, 2017
Not a good representation.
May 22, 2016
I watched this movie only once and I despised it. Garfield being in his first CGI movie sucks because in my opinion, Garfield looks one trillion times better in 2D animation. This movie was overall hideous.
July 19, 2015
This wasn't so bad, but it wasn't so great either, but still a funny and adventure with some flaws in the storyline, but still barely decent.
September 20, 2014
I love Garfield especially in this movie, I love the comic strip on Sundays!! The movie is not as good as Garfield played by bill Murray but still good. Love it!!
½ September 20, 2014
So contrived, it hurts. The reason this movie doesn't work AT ALL is because the comics, despite some lore here and there, are grounded in reality! The whole concept of Garfield is that he is the average house cat with a full understanding of his surroundings and is critical of those surroundings. Also, he doesn't freaking talk! The way the treat this story with a typical "being a cartoon comic cat is a 9 to 5 job hurr, durr" is as boring, predictable, and unfunny as a adaptation could possibly get. Fourth-wall breaks are not always funny, you know! Also, WTF is up with Arlene in these fucking movies!? I'm sick of her being flanderized into some whiny and underdeveloped bitch! Once again, fuck everyone involved!
½ May 10, 2014
This is the worst thing.
½ December 28, 2013
Never been a fan of garfield and can't believe I just watched this lol.
½ November 11, 2013
"Garfield Gets Real" is all right. It deserves a PG rating for its peril and rude humor.
½ October 13, 2013
Very good and better than Garfields FunFest
½ September 17, 2013
Awesome garfield rocks a 97%
½ April 21, 2013
The only things I hate about Garfield is The Garfield Show and these CGI movies. Garfield looks terrible in CGI.
½ February 22, 2013
no show or movie has ever lived up to the comic strip, but this is okay for what it is.
½ February 5, 2013
I love Garfield but this was a poor interpritation of Garfield
June 26, 2012
120620: Ouch. Did I say ‚Ouch‚?? Did I say it loud enough? I looked on Flixter and managed to locate one review which sold me enough to buy this film for Wednesday Night Pizza Night. The review supported my liking of the animation displayed on the back of the box. Man, how bad can one, read me, ignore all the warnings? I just don‚(TM)t listen. Reign kept saying he liked it to my multiple dumbfounded queries, which is exactly what that one review I located claimed, ‚my kids loved it‚?. The final scene wasn‚(TM)t too bad but it hardly made up for the wasted life I suffered. I have to find a way to dispose of this movie without Reign discovering. Ouch!
½ June 2, 2012
For a truly great movie, it is a bit off the mark. But it is still a good movie to watch if you do love Garfield.
April 25, 2012
the animation isn't great but it's still a fun movie.
½ April 23, 2012
It's so bland and-simple, it's just no fun at any level. There's nothing real on this Garfield.
January 29, 2012
Slow for the first half and short on laughs, but it eventually picks up and delivers both in terms of action and punch lines, which is good, because the plot is actually quite interesting and sweet.
½ June 18, 2011
While Garfield learns a very obvious lesson on what it would be like if he left his own world and it doesn't teach us anything new, the movie is EXTREMELY funny.
½ May 31, 2011
This is okay but a little animation work would be good. C+