The Gay Deceivers Reviews

• Mar 24, 2017

Leering sex comedy uses stereotypes and mistaken identities for cheap laughs.

Leering sex comedy uses stereotypes and mistaken identities for cheap laughs.

• May 17, 2014

I watched this film as part of my class project on how the depiction of the gay male character in film has changed in the past. This film is definitely a great film to use as part of the time period of right after Stonwall had happened, despite the fact this film was released only 1 month after Stonewall, it still depicts how homophobes bully gay people in this time and how gay people were perceived to be, as either flamboyant or big & hairy. I enjoyed watching this film. I love it. I encourage any Queer Rights activist to watch this. It's free for Amazon Prime members. The Gay Deceivers, I give you a 60%.

• Aug 02, 2010

this movie is over the top! I did keep in mind this movie came out during a time where being gay was considered a disease! It had some funny parts. The acting at times was corny. It is worth watching for Michael Greer calling Jeanne Baird a dirty bitch!

• Nov 02, 2009

Very low budget and insanely campy, but you can't help but laugh and enjoy it. Way over the top, a meant to be that way.

• Sep 18, 2008

Despite the time frame in which the film came out, I didn't find it to believeable! The acting to me wasn't up to par how I would like it to be. Nevertheless, the film did have a good concept; it just wasn't acted out good enough for me.

• Apr 28, 2008

An entertaining older film which gives some insight into Vietnam era views on gays & the military. I was surprised how inoffensive it was and that a Iraq war style remake hasnt been made yet.

• Jul 04, 2005