The Gay Desperado - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Gay Desperado Reviews

½ October 11, 2010
Rather lame and probably somewhat offensive to members of the Latino community for its stereotypical depictions of Mexican "banditos" and lazy peasants. A bandit (Leo Carillo) who is obsessed with 1930s gangster movies emulates his heroes by kidnapping an opera singer (Nino Martini) and an heiress (Ida Lupino). Supposed to be a comedy-musical but you couldn't prove it by me (Martini does have a really good voice), One clever bit of business though...at one point in the film, several "real" gangsters show up. Each one is a lookalike of a famous movie gangster: James Cagney from "Public Enemy", Paul Muni from "Scarface", Edward G. Robinson from "LIttle Caesar" and George Raft from ....well, pretty much everything. Other than that...can't really recommend it.
August 16, 2008
As far as Gay movies go, not enough mano mano action and certainly not enough pazzaz... i rented this and fully expected a damn good chugg but to no avail..Ida Lupino, I'm not impressed.
February 17, 2008
awesome movie the gay parts were the best.
February 16, 2008
It had everything I expected - a Gay Desperado. A very pleasing film.
January 24, 2008
Not going to ever watch this.
December 26, 2007
Although I'm so tired of films about gay Mexican bandits in Chicago, this was worth it.
½ October 10, 2007
my dream is to meet desperado