Gayby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gayby Reviews

February 14, 2016
Way funnier than I thought it was going to be. I love the main actress in it. She was hilarious!
January 15, 2016
I adored this little movie.
October 4, 2015
A funny film about a gay man and his friend who decide to have a baby. The supporting characters are also a hoot
May 23, 2015
Very charming and witty for an low budget, indie film. Giving it a full four stars since I think others have been overly harsh.
May 18, 2015
Gayby was one heck of a comedy. Just the premise alone, a women wanting to have a kid with her gay best friend, is comical enough. Throw in a funny supporting cast and some hilarious scenes and you have an above average comedy. Some of the scenes were a little bland but there were plenty of laughs throughout and by the heart warming ending it made for a good movie. This one may not be on your Netflix radar but if you want a different, funny topic that a movie is based around, this one should satisfy your funny bone.
January 17, 2015
funny, touching, sweet!
August 15, 2014
it feels like a weird web series but it has some cute and funny moments. totally better than expected especially after the first half hour. a lot of making out and sex references though
August 10, 2014
entertaining; the kind of movie you can put your feet up and snack away to.
July 15, 2014
Mildly entertaining but didn't really hold my interest too strongly. Slow-paced.
June 25, 2014
Very funny. Very enjoyable.
Harlequin68
½ June 3, 2014
In "Gayby," Jenn(Jenn Harris) is a yoga instructor in New York City who feels her life is going nowhere. Not only does she feel like a glorified messenger at work, but she is also single. That is also with her biological clock ticking. Loudly. So, she approaches Matt(Matthew Wilkas), her best friend from college who now works in a comic book store where he tries to avoid his ex-boyfriend, about having a kid together. He agrees, even if being physical together is more than a little awkward after they reject the turkey baster method.

With delicacy and much humor, "Gayby" handles a complex subject well and smartly.(Definitely compared to the time it came up on "Warehouse 13" recently when it felt creepy. Maybe it was just those two characters.) While almost wearing out its welcome, the characters never do, as they live and work in a New York City full of loneliness that is countered with extended non-traditional families. Personally, I find it cool that it is also a city full of comic book stores where stereotypes can be challenged and gay archetypes explored.
½ May 27, 2014
Grossly convoluted plot that just didn't work for me!
February 19, 2014
Gayby is a 2012 American romantic comedy-drama film. It debuted on March 12, 2012 at the South by Southwest film festival.
February 10, 2014
Tuvo sus momentos divertidos pero los personajes quedan opacados por las malas actuaciones de los de reparto. Sobre actuado diria yo.
½ February 4, 2014
'Low budget gay comedy' is usually a phrase which has me running for the hills, however considering it's 90% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes I decided to give Gayby a go. A charming, relaxed comedy about a gay guy and his fag hag planning a baby together, Gayby is filled with great one liners and remarkably, gay characters who actually feel like they may have a foot in the real world. A very pleasant surprise.
December 13, 2013
Some what awkward., some what heart warming, some what sitcom, somewhere evens out.
December 1, 2013
The characters are likable and convincing enough. The plot is a bit unreal, but the film is supposed to be a comedy so it's understood.
½ October 18, 2013
Apesta este intento de comedia sexual con el clįsico dilema gay entre amigos de diferente sexo. Tonta, aburrida y absurda.
½ August 27, 2013
I didn't really like it. I only like movies that are "happily ever after" and I thought it would of been good if in the end they fell in love & ended up together. He didn't seem that gay, at least not compared to the rest of them. And hey - a woman able to turn a man straight sounds pretty impressive!