Gaza Strip - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gaza Strip Reviews

½ April 16, 2014
An interesting but bias documentary on the Palestine struggle to maintain the Gaza Strip & the many lives daily that are lost.

It's a difficult life if you grow up on their side of the tracks but it seems to be a war that neither are winning.

Filled with some interesting interviews with Palestine Locals sharing their daily struggles. It's nice to see a film challenging the Jewish approach to Gaza.
½ November 10, 2011
I thought this documentary to be extremely boring. Most scenes they just show kids talking about all the times they almost got shot. No facts are presented here, just people's emotions. The capture of most scenes were very poor.
January 23, 2009
I am told that as an American sitting comfortably over here, I have no idea what is going on in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. I have been trying very hard to get educated. This movie was a validation of my ongoing sympathy with the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and West Bank. Of course, this takes place in 2001, when Sharon was elected. So this is old news and not any insight into the Hamas situation.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
February 20, 2008
A great film though wanted to more about other people involved and all
February 7, 2008
Life in a horror movie..
December 26, 2007
This was good but 'death in gaza' is much better. There was no narrator so it was difficult to follow what's going on at times.
November 14, 2007
Shot in film verite style with no narration, this film was a harrowing experience. It was like being shunted into Gaza for 24 hrs...not a pleasant trip, but director Longley never lets the viewer grow jaded, or remote. If you can: try to watch it on the big screen, rather than video.
September 13, 2007
Powerful, intense, depressing. It's impossible to argue with these images.
July 14, 2007
I love Palestine and am very interested in it. I see documentaries about it and read about it whenever I get the chance. This movie shows daily life around the time of the intifada in 2001. It is good. The only downside is that it leaves you wanting more.
July 13, 2007
Welcome to Gaza, the open air prison where the wardens threw away the key...
June 24, 2007
Incredible. Makes you think.
June 5, 2007
This film really opened up my eyes to the crimes being committed by Israel to those people in the Gaza Strip. I can't express my sympathy for the children and the families. It's really horrific what's being done them on the daily basis. I can't understand why the US and other countries don't intercede for these people either.
January 22, 2007
kool as i might wanna see lol of course i wanna see it
June 21, 2006
Watch this movie and you'll understand why Palestinian kids throw rocks at tanks.