The Geisha Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Geisha Boy Reviews

jjnxn
½ April 11, 2015
This is a sweet harmless little comedy but nothing special, it will help if your a Lewis fan.
December 15, 2013
One of the best movies of the greatest Jerry Lewis and Frank Tashlin. That make us remember of Charlie Chaplin classics.
December 13, 2012
well he finally went national haha
April 13, 2012
Harry??? Harry?!? Harry?!! You will have to watch for yourself to get this one...lol
February 21, 2012
Incredibly detailed visually and often surreal, this is a fantastic film from Tashlin and Lewis. The Korea front sequence is very strange.
September 29, 2011
great one!! Love Jerry's movies...most anyways!
½ February 19, 2011
Funny, Warm Hearted, Moving
½ November 1, 2010
I love this movie --i laughed and i cried --top actor Jerry Lewis in his hey day
½ June 17, 2010
A hillarious Jerry Lewis Comedy full of funny Situations and with a crazy Rabbit
February 27, 2010
Maybe the first American movie where the an American chooses an Asian woman over a white woman and neither of them die!
There are about 5 minutes worth of boring scenes in the movie but the rest is fast moving and funny.
August 15, 2009
"The Geisha Boy" is the only Jerry Lewis movie I've ever seen and it's a good one. Jerry Lewis is a magician with a rabbit as a sidekick. He goes on the road one day to Tokyo, Japan where he meets a family that invites him to stay with them. A young boy becomes close with Mr. Wooley (Jerry Lewis) and wants him to be his father. For awhile, Mr. Wooley stays with the family until he learns that he has to go on the road again.
"The Geisha Boy" is a funny movie with some classic scenes such as when the rabbit gets loose on the plane and when Jerry Lewis's sandwiches keep mysteriously disappearing. If you like good old comedy movies, you should like this one. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. I admit I haven't seen a whole lot of movies from the 60s or older, but I've seen this one a few times and liked.
½ February 12, 2009
one of the most uplifting and heart warming comedys of all time. jerry lewis gives his usual gormless charecter, but with more hear than usual. some great visual gags. including a superb paramount refrence. and a few scence that genuinly tug on the hear strings. its one of the first films i was introduced to, so it holds extra sentermentle value to me. its brilliant
½ December 30, 2008
This and "Jumping Jacks" are the only Jerry Lewis films I know of that I've seen. This one definitely makes me want to see more. I liked it enough to record it years ago because it's simultaneously hilarious (love the rabbit and the plane ride!) and tells a nice dramatic story about Jerry Lewis traveling to Tokyo and adopting a Japanese boy. Jerry Lewis has some of the funniest facial expressions ever.
October 6, 2008
GOOD MOVIE WORTH WATCHING
August 19, 2008
I like Jerry Lewis, I really do - Scared Stiff is one of my favourites comedies, however I feel he was walking a dangerously thin line between funny and irritating here. People often accuse Jack Nicholson of doing impressions of himself in his recent movies. I think Jerry was guilty of the same thing here, going way overboard with the Jerry-ness: "Har-*gurn* ... Har-*gurn* ... HARRY!" Speaking of which, I loved Harry the rabbit! Easily the best thing about the film! Everything else was mediocre to average including the borderline creepy relationship between Jerry and the little Japanese kid, and I'm really not sure about the Bridge Over the River Kwai gag. Kinda tasteless...
June 28, 2008
I absolutely adore the movie, i love the culture and jerry lewis is one of my fave comedians
June 5, 2008
love jerry lewis, and in a kimono? gotta be gr8!!!!!!!!
½ April 12, 2008
The rabbit was the best part. Interesting to Sessue Hayakawa in a comedy.
April 9, 2008