Generation War Reviews

• Nov 09, 2019

A must see for those who are interested in the daily interconnected lives of young Germans who went off to war.

• Aug 11, 2019

Undoubtedly the best thing I've ever watched, I am surprised that so many of these "top" critics have so many negative things to say, really starting to question their credentials. Tom Schilling and Volker Bruch's performance is an incredible portrayal how the effects of war can affect the mind and how people deal with it. Miriam Stein's performance is remarkable and her story line along with the two brother's is absolutely breathtaking. I was genuinely lost when the series came to an end it really did blow me away. If i had to recommend one thing to watch this will always be my go to recommendation. 10/10

• Jan 27, 2019

Quite literally the best miniseries that has ever been made. Hands down. Watch it. I honestly have no idea why the critic rating is so low.

• Nov 02, 2017

Wow... I love Band Of Brothers and Other World War 2 and beyond cinema, but this.. This is undoubtedly my favorite piece of War Cinema I've seen. I just think it's the best

• Nov 27, 2016

UL MOVIE! This is a must see! Americans are generally raised to demonize everyone, and anyone who fought on Germany's side in WW2. This provides us with an understanding how some of the German soldiers had been simply duped into the war, and a lot of them ended up losing their lives over their refusals to fulfill orders upon realizing what was going on. I hate and despise Nazi Germany, but get real. 13 million German soldiers in WW2. Most of them were good people who just didn't know what was going on, and Generation War was an incredibly risky movie to make. It completely opened my eyes, and anyone who wants to learn more about WW2 must watch this. It's om Netflix! Yes, it is really slow at times, but in the end you realize that all of it really made an impact on you. Wonderful movie! 4 stars because it did get boring at times, but it was amazing nevertheless.

• Jun 19, 2016

Is it bad that I was rooting for the Germans? An amazing depiction of German forces in WWII. Strong performances and characters you really start caring about.

• Apr 20, 2016

Great film. Yes, Nazis are bad. My grandfather was killed by them. But this film did something so many other WW2 films haven't done. It made its audience identify with characters for whom they would usually feel zero empathy. That is a huge achievement. Generation War didn't ask us to hug a Nazi. It just asked us to imagine what it felt like to be one.

• Mar 29, 2016

One of the best war dramas ever made.

One of the best war dramas ever made.

• Sep 06, 2015

Absolutely superb with brilliant acting. Would have given it 6 stars if i could have. As for some critics criticising the fact the polish resistance unit was cast as anti-semetic its obvious their knowledge of war history is very meagre indeed.

• Aug 11, 2015

Terrific Mini-series. Really well done. Outstanding depiction of World War 2 from the German Perspective