George Carlin: Complaints and Grievances - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

George Carlin: Complaints and Grievances Reviews

½ May 1, 2014
Carlin at his best. And yes, he's got alot of complaints and grievances ...
March 9, 2012
March 9, 2012
½ February 17, 2012
my grandfather got me to watch this one year when I was home visiting, George Carlin is pretty hilarious but definitely meant for the older generation. However, good comedy lasts forever
September 6, 2011
Hilarious and unrelenting. The title fits better than most people might realize. Not a very well structured show, like his previous ones, but I've rarely laughed at the absurdity of the world as hard as I did watching this.
½ August 1, 2011
The show was minus his new skit about how more people should die, but not by much, as he chooses groups of 'funny people' instead of specifics. Also, the first unleashing of the 10 Commandments bit, which is brilliant, intelligent, and eye opening.
April 25, 2011
Not Carlin's best. Too little social commentary, too much potty humor in this one. Didn't strike a chord with me.
½ January 30, 2011
Again, Carlin repeated a joke (grandfather going upstairs to do his grandmother). I never realized he repeated so much over the years.

Carlin is an American. This was recorded two months after 9-11. But he included a segment that addressed terrorism as he said, "so we can get on with the show." He did not go on his liberal bent with this, but rather displayed what all Americans were displaying at that time. I applaud him for that.

The things that come off your body bit is hilarious!

The balance of the show was pretty good humor, although George sid into his usual attack on religion.
½ August 15, 2010
Not his best, since there's some boring stuff in the middle. The rest is the usual Carlin goodness.
½ January 26, 2010
Mourn his loss. This man was one of the warmest, funniest story-tellers and observers of life ever made. We were blessed to know him. This HBO special, clocking in at a shade under one hour is chock full of enough foul language...but done in the funniest possible way...to make you howl with laughter, ovr and over. I won't go into specifics. If you know George, you know his attention to tickling our funnybone. Taped a few weeks after the 9/11 attacks, he goes after sacred cows...as is our right, and God, and George, bless us. If you've never had the pleasure of a Carlin comedy special, watch this one. Open your eyes, and keep up!!
September 22, 2009
June 17, 2009
The 2 Commandments... a classic!!!
December 14, 2008
Carlin's 12th (and possibly best) HBO special, "Complaints and Grievances" is yet another uproariously funny entry from one of the greatest legends in comedy history. Taped nine weeks after 9/11, Carlin spares the audience any sentimentality (in fact, he uses the subject matter as a segue for a string of crude, yet oddly patriotic, fart jokes). Carlin does what he does best here, including a fantastic routine simply entitled "People Who Ought to be Killed" (including bragging parents of overachievers, gun nuts, hot air balloon enthusiasts, those who allow their children to record the outgoing message on answering machines, and guys named Todd). Though Carlin's material has significantly evolved over his career, one can still see the great Carlin of old on display, a man who can easily mix philosophy with vagina jokes.
½ October 16, 2008
i love george carlin's comedy... i don't agree with everything he says, but he's still one of the funniest comedians.
½ September 14, 2008
Better than I'd been led to expect, but still hit-or-miss. An extra half star for the veiled dig at Giuliani so soon after 9/11.
August 20, 2008
Adjectives like 'jaded' and 'bitter' might come to mind. But listen carefully and u will realise George is just right about EVERYTHING :P Carlin's razor wit is finely honed; he is at his absolute best (despite it being a month after 9/11)
August 18, 2008
One of the most funniest stand up comedies i have ever seen.
½ August 8, 2008
One of my favorites of his.
June 24, 2008
Live from New York city, it's the twelfth George Carlin concert special entitled "Complaints And Grievances" and George Carlin sure has a lot of complains. I think in this one Carlin starts off kinda slow, but it gets better and the ending rant about 'the ten commandments' is one of the best and most clever rants he ever did. Worth seeing if you like George Carlin's type of comedy, and dammit, you should!
½ April 30, 2008
If I'd have to pick a favorite gig of George's I'm pretty sure it would be this one. I laughed my arse off.