George Carlin: You Are All Diseased - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

George Carlin: You Are All Diseased Reviews

May 14, 2016
One of his best stand-ups!
September 7, 2014
Has a few moments where I actually laughed out loud, the rest was just good attempts and complete misses. He runs on the same joke for too long, and tries to be funny by being profane, but it doesn't work.
May 3, 2013
So funny & right on so many things....
August 15, 2012
Carlin is a little too derogatory and aggressive in this one, and there are routines that he did much better in earlier and later years. The last 10 minutes of this are brilliant though.
July 21, 2012
George Carlin should be part of the A-Level curriculum.
February 27, 2012
George Carlin is undisputedly one of the funniest stand-up comics there ever was-- right up there with Prior and Cosby (I'd include Kinison but sadly I'm unfamiliar with his work.....yes, shocking but true). With that said, this was good, had a chuckle here and there but not as good as his other material like "7 Words", "About Stuff", "The Difference Between Baseball and Football" or "Why we don't need 10 Commandments". Nevertheless, he still managed to make some pretty funny points, all the more hilarious because they're so damn true.
February 12, 2012
This was one of the best stand-up specials I have ever seen. All the bits, from religion to the airport security was amazingly hilarious. George Carlin is one of the top-five best comics of all time and this was his best work on TV. Rest in peace, this world is a lesser place without him and his sense of humor.
½ January 18, 2012
"In the bullshit department, a businessman can't hold a candle to a clergyman. Cause I gotta tell you the truth, folks. I gotta tell you the truth. When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe. In *awe*. Of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest! Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story every told. "
September 6, 2011
Great satire on religion and the general population from a very agitated man. He's gotten increasingly irritated at EVERYTHING the older he is. I can't help but agree with him more than half the time.
August 1, 2011
Not as funny as it is angry and insightful. It reminds me a lot of 'Life is Worth Losing.' It does contain the beginnings of the God bit though.
June 6, 2011
Standard Carlin, though not his best bits.
March 15, 2011
This was Carlin's angriest special, and it really shows. There's no real upbeat stuff to be found here, even during his classic light interludes. Carlin is just angry, angry, angry. Yet, I regard this as one of his better specials, because there are just so many good bits in it. That Joe Pesci bit will stand out as one of the funniest bits of all time.
January 30, 2011
The bit about airline security does not hold up well at all. Just two years later 9-11 put an end to this.

Carlin warms up when he takes on language. This is where he is the best.

The bit about children is right on. I've been saying this even longer than this movie is: children have gotten a place of honor in our society that did not exist when I was a boy. Children are soft these days.

Carlin's humor changed as he aged. The entire rant about religion seems fruitless to me. If he doesn't believe in God, religion, and piety, that is his choice. And while he can share his opinion and intersperse a snicker every now and then, it seems to me humor, his business, takes a backseat to his moralizing. I'm happy not to have paid to hear it.
½ January 8, 2011
"What's with this angels shit? 3 out of 5 people now say they believe in angels. What are you, fucking retarded?"

I miss this ornery bastard...
March 16, 2010
hilarious and briliant
October 21, 2009
Guys named Todd. . .
½ June 14, 2009
Classic George Carlin. Totally pissed off, angry dude we have here....
June 3, 2009
Classic George Carlin! Skillfully works his way around many of the classic "things to be pissed off about" topics common in Stand Up comedy.
Quite dated however, making numerous comments on topics that many would cringe at now after events such as 9/11; but his 'Realistic' point of view does still hold validity, as such events - however horrible and world-changing - are still statistically rare, and so his jokes/comments still hold true in many respects.
November 19, 2008
½ October 27, 2008
With the exception of his Religion bit, this is one of the best "later" specials of the offbeat irony from George Carlin. This has some great moments about germs and the 4 body parts ya only have to wash. Terrorist Bombings (2 years prior to 91-1). As outrageous and grumpy as George Carlin was, this is flippin' hillarious!!!!!!