George Lucas in Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

George Lucas in Love Reviews

March 9, 2016
Ends a bit abruptly, but the ideas are good and the overall short feature if anything is great. An excellent storyteller like Lucas himself start's by just observing what's around them. Great for the fans of the popular series such as myself. Good music mix as well.
September 8, 2014
fun little short. working checking out, its only 7 min.
August 30, 2014
Entertaining little short.
February 22, 2013
All the gags and comedic punches comes from knowing the Star Wars films. Haven't seen Star Wars? Too bad, this film ain't for you. But by now, who hasn't seen those films? Safe to say, if you did, it's quirky fun and sure to bring back a lot of nostalgia. Nevertheless, it's way too dependent on references to Star Wars.
½ January 18, 2013
A fun comedy that "creates" situations that inspire Lucas' Star Wars story.
½ November 13, 2012
Hilarious independent spoof/homage to George Lucas.
September 17, 2012
May 21, 2012
very, very funny. Great for any fan of Star Wars
January 24, 2012
I liked 'George Lucas In Love' (a title reference to 'Shakespeare In Love') for the true story of how the young George Lucas got his ideas for 'Star Wars'. There's lots of good stuff here; among of them include an asthmatic rival (Darth Vader), a backwards-talking adviser (Yoda), and a bun-hairdo beauty (Princess Leia). This short film really got me into understanding how the 'Star Wars' ideas really came true out of advice from the characters as well as the people that Lucas saw in film school. I give 'George Lucas In Love' four stars!
½ September 2, 2010
Fun little riff on a "Shakespeare in Love" theme. More amusing than hilarious, but it's a lot of fun, and the casting of whoever the dude is who plays George Lucas was very good.
July 11, 2010
Excellent Star Wars fan film. One of the best.
April 23, 2010
Clever and affectionate parody whose main weakness is the need to surrender to ones inner geekiness to actually get it. Once you get past that it's a guilty pleasure.
September 17, 2009
Great little short for us Star Wars lovers.
½ August 30, 2009
awarsome film really funny
½ March 21, 2009
Very good indeed. One of the best fan films I've seen.
½ October 24, 2008
A cute Star Wars parody that only takes up 8 minutes of your time, and, as the description above says, it does a whole lot in 8 minutes.
½ October 15, 2008
A must see for Star Wars fans. Really funny
September 21, 2008
a great short film! it made me smile every time a star wars reference was made. i loved it.
August 30, 2008
What an absolutely brilliant short film that spoofs and pays homage to Lucas and his "genius." A must see for any Star Wars fanatic and Lucas fan.
July 25, 2008
Oh, this is soooo funny!