Geppetto - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Geppetto Reviews

December 3, 2014
Heartwarming and magical! Drew Carey shines as Geppetto learns that being a parent is not as easy as he expected. This is a must-see Disney television movie with an amazing soundtrack. (First viewing - 11/14/2010)
September 25, 2014
This is a childhood favorite of mine! I still love it!!
April 16, 2012
One of my cherished childhood memories. Definitely better than the Disney version, mostly thanks to some great songs by the songwriter of Wicked, The Prince of Egypt, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. A great children's film.
February 17, 2012
For the most part this made for tv film is sub-par, but it does have it's moments. Easily the best parts of the film is an early pre-fame Usher as the ringleader of Pleasure Island, a role which he seems to have fun with and adds a cool bit of menace to,and Rene Auberjonois who plays the delightfully insane Professor Buonragazzo, a man who works at creating "perfect" children. Overall, while Geppetto ends up being an ok effort, the overall product can be undeniably charming at times and that's enough for me to give this film a recommendation.
November 6, 2011
geppetto is a very good movie the best one
½ September 30, 2011
"Treasure Island, Treasure Island."
"Since I gave my heart away"
LOVE THIS MOVIE
May 14, 2011
Normally I hate it when casting directors just cast as many famous names as possible, because it usually means the movie is so weak that they feel they need all those big names to sell it. Also, Pinocchio was one of my favorite tales when I was a kid, and I've never been very impressed by retellings of classics. For those two reasons, it took me a long time to break down and sit through this. I was very pleasantly surprised, though. While this isn't very unique, it's quite charming and for the most part stays true to the original story. I especially enjoyed the Pleasure Island scenes. Drew Carey's performance is warm and appealing and probably one of the best performances I've seen from him. This is a great family movie.
February 19, 2011
a sweet, lively musical with data from star trek!
July 22, 2010
Sure, it was a made-for-TV Disney film, but thanks to surprisingly amazing performances from Carey, Louis-Dreyfuss, and Spiner, as well as music and score from Stephen Schwartz, I found "Geppetto" to be very enjoyable.
December 23, 2009
November 14, 2009
I love this movie sooooooo much.

this is one of the greatest movie i've seen since i was little and it's amzaing
½ August 16, 2009
Holy shit, what a craptacular movie. The only good part is Brent Spiner, who clearly knows its crap so he crazies up his part as Stromboli. It wasn't worth $5...
August 1, 2008
Not half bad for a made for tv movie. Brent Spiner is the best part, and sadly Julia Louis-Dreyfus is the worst. She just doesn't make a good Blue Fairy. She's supposed to be snarky, not sweet. All in all, quite an enjoyable movie.
April 14, 2008
Oh, so we just greenlight anything now?
April 10, 2008
I'll eat an Irish grape farmer's Scottish terrier before I watch this eggnog-o-rama.
½ March 21, 2008
I miss these random, Disney TV movies...they were good.
March 11, 2008
love my usher.. he makes evry movie better :) <3 x
January 26, 2008
Pretty... erm... colourful.
January 5, 2008
I've only seen the end, and it was so WEIRD!! :O So crazy! xD
I only want to see it because Usher is in it!
½ October 19, 2007
Good movie and a good cast. Saw it on TV.