Get Ready to Be Boyzvoiced - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Ready to Be Boyzvoiced Reviews

½ December 29, 2011
Good parody of boy-band pop music. Comparable to This is Spinal Tap, which sent up 70s & 80s stadium rock. Not as good as Spinal Tap though, which was more subtle in its humour. Still, very funny at times, and also very cringeworthy, in a deliberate way.

Espen Eckbo co-writes, directs and plays six parts. Great work on all these fronts from him.
August 27, 2011
The Spinal Tap of boy bands. Hilariously funny w/- great pop tunes. Fans of Eurovision rejoice.
August 14, 2010
Get ready to be Boyzvoiced! hahaha
½ September 6, 2009
"...if Nigel Tufnel, David St. Hubbins and Derek Smalls started a boy band... this would be the making of.... excuse the subtitles..."
August 23, 2009
Hilarious Norwegian mock documentary that takes the mickey out of boy bands, and pop music in general.

The song 'We are the Playmo Men' surely draws some inspiration from the Aqua hit 'Barbie girl', and 'Viva Forever' by the Spice Girls.

This is just as funny as 'This is Spinal Tap.'
July 10, 2009
Oh yeh baby ! This is just one of the funniest musical pisstakes you'll ever see. Obvious parallels with Spinal Tap, though this is a parody on boy bands. But in my opinion this is even funnier. Some of the songs they do are just soooo wrong, and yet so funny. There is a playful little music video called "Cousin" where a guy in a white suit sings a chirpy little number about how he's in love with his cousin. As I said, it's so wrong, but it's a clever parody and very very funny I was splitting my sides and shaking my head shouting "This is so wrong!" at the same time. Although the film is in Norwegian, all the songs are in English so it's readily accessible to a wider audience. The band speak English but one of the great moments in the film is when their manage attempts to bluff his way in English and when they press him to demonstrate his English skills he comes up with 'I'm a boy". But there are so many fantastic, funny moments in this film, which I have now seen several times..that all I can see if GO AND SEE IT !!
December 28, 2008
Best norwegian movie I've seen so far! Awesomely funny :D Espen Eckbo - one of the best norwegian comedians.
½ November 9, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Low).

First viewing: 22.08.2002
½ October 9, 2008
Turn off your brain, sing along and you'll have a lot of fun.
½ September 7, 2008
Takk Sondre. Jeg hadde faktisk glemt den. Ikke at den eksisterer, men at det er en film og ikke en serie. Jeg slenger meg p?¥ lasset ved ?¥ rose Espen Ecbo for at han er flink og morsom uten ?¥ egentlig anstrenge seg s?¦rlig mye. Det gjelder bare ?¥ ta uventede ting p?¥ kornet.
½ September 7, 2008
Joda, ganske morsomt dette her. Espen Eckbo er flink, mye artig og flaue ting.
May 23, 2008
Hilarious documentary on the rise, fall, and rise again of fictional Norweigan boyband Boyzvoice. SBS screens this as part of their Eurovision line-up. Is very funny, highly recommended.
May 23, 2008
This movie is hilarious! Comparisons to Spinal Tap will be inevitable, but there's enough difference for it to work. Twelve Year Old Woman (and the events that inspired it) is just totally wrong!
May 23, 2008
Stupidly funny, so glad I caught this on SBS.
May 22, 2008
You know it's the Eurovision Song Contest again when they put this back on SBS TV! This Norwegian flick is one giant piss-take.
March 5, 2008
I could'nt stop laughing. The songs are so funning, esp. the cousin one, totally gross.
February 18, 2008
Absolutely hilarious 'mockumentary' of the whole boyband scene. A rare quality soundtrack (lyrics, too) complements the plot and dialogue very well to make it an all-round 5 stars.
½ February 6, 2008
Eckbo er den morsomste nordmannen som ikke jobber fast med Bård, Harald og Atle. Begynn med det da, og stjel Gustafsson fra Sverige, så har vi et svorsk superteam av komikere.
½ February 4, 2008
Movies don't get any funnier.