Treed Murray (Get Down) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Treed Murray (Get Down) Reviews

August 24, 2008
As so often happens with Canadian movies it is a metaphor social commentary drama, where a yuppie ad executive is treed by a gang of muggers and a battle of wits ensues.
Interesting but doesn't really go anywhere.
½ May 23, 2008
Really good movie...done low budget obviously which makes it even better because the story is enough.
May 14, 2008
Brilliant! A simple concept well executed.
1 key location, a great cast, Hewlett once again ROCKS.
See It!
May 11, 2008
Despite an incredibly goofy title (read the synopsis, then see if you get where "Treed" comes from), this is a very well-made, very engaging movie. It has an interesting, play-like quality to it, and certainly had what Dogville sorely lacked. What began as just one of 10 free rentals from Blockbuster turned into one I can watch over and over again.
May 9, 2008
Treed Murray is i will always call is the goods. Plain and simple.
A Gang of wannabees+ A Tree+ Murray = Brilliance.
Anyone who can make an excellent film about a man stuck in a tree is a master of their craft!
May 5, 2008
Fantastic film. Great acting, great messages, great story. Too bad it's so over-looked.
½ March 21, 2008
This was pretty good. Interesting storyline, and great acting. Good stuff.
½ March 14, 2008
Tight, focused, effective thriller with all the action occurring at a single location. Its interesting story concept is very resourceful in its execution, making use of every possible opportunity that the location allows. Nothing great, but it is efficient.
½ March 10, 2008
I watched this movie, because a friend at work told me to, and wow. What a movie with intense dialog and some impressive acting, not to mention a great musical score. The only thing I can say is that this movie is absolutely brilliant. If only more American cinema would strive for these types of movies with incredible social commentary. maybe i would not be so damned bored with Hollywood. This is truly a hidden gem.
½ March 8, 2008
Méchante leçon de vie pour tout le monde finalement!
February 20, 2008
David Hewlett is such a phenomenal actor. He takes such a small concept and elevates it. Great supporting cast. A must see!
½ February 17, 2008
Pretty good, a lot of important social issues come up and there's no good guy.
February 15, 2008
Like 'Nothing' this is a showpiece for David Hewlett's acting ability. It is a low distribution film that needs to reach a larger audience. The message about advertising imagery; the clothes, styles, attitude are all a danger to peoples lives. Something not to buy into no matter the peer pressure. Exaggerations are made in characters and image of all those breezing through the film as it gives its social statement to the youth of today.
January 30, 2008
An After School Special masquerading as a movie, "Treed Murray" drives home its can't-we-all-just-get-along message with dull and dogged determination.
January 1, 2008
Why can't more American cinema be like this?!?! Call me bias, being a fan of David Hewlett already, but this movie was nothing short of amazing. With a slim budget and expert writing, this movie tops most Hollywood flicks I've seen in recent months. Screw blockbusters!!! This movie proves that as long as you have expert acting, clever and well placed humor, human emotion, and one fierce ass tree, you have gold.
December 15, 2007
One of the most amazing and original movies i have seen in a LOOOONG time.

The plot is simple, Murray whacked a gang member and potential mugger in the face, he ran, and climbed a tree.

The entire movie takes place in said tree, which might have you thinking 'next'. But this movie is incredibly clever, and somewhat funny.

Baisicly the gang wait for him to come down, which he wisely doesent, and the games begin.

I recommed this movie to anyone who has the patients for it. You will be rewarded in the end.
November 26, 2007
99% of the movie takes place in a tree... and it beats the crap out of most of the current hollywood blockbusters out there. Amazing script, and deep character development is what this great movie is really about.
½ November 24, 2007
What an interesting tale! Six actors, a tree and a picnic bench make up 98% of the story and yet the emotional wrangler you go through as you watch the story progress trying to figure out who is the bad guy; who holds the power; who will give in first. It is ultimately a very human story of good and evil, humor, pain and redemption and will keep you puzzled until the final scene. This story will stick in the memory long after the blockbusters are forgotten.
½ November 23, 2007
Could barely believe I was going to watch an entire film about a guy trapped in a tree - (I was trapped in hotel room by bad weather). I was gona put it down as a lame, low budget film with a most unappealing title but got so hooked as it unfolded. Acting was superb, plot was ingeniously simple but rivetting. Felt like a play at certain points. A real indie film that will stay with me for long time.
October 4, 2007
An excellent Dave Hewlett movie. This movie is all about clever writting and solid acting. I like it for all the same reasons I like Curse of the Black Pearl.