Get Rich or Die Tryin' - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Rich or Die Tryin' Reviews

August 8, 2016
It's not an action movie like any other movie nowadays but it goes deep into the life of someone who's trying to make it on there own the best way that they can... Watched it the first time and really enjoyed it deserves a better rating from this website
½ August 5, 2016
Get Rich Or Die Tryin' is a pretty decent drama film about the life of a gangster who wants to become a rapper, and that tries everything to become one. This film did receive very negative reviews, and I think the reason why was because how misleading the cast was, and how dragged out the film felt sometimes. However, if you are fans of the 2002 Eminem film "8 Mile", then you will most likely enjoy this drama film.

This film centers around the life of Marcus (50 Cent) whose mother was brutally murdered when he was at a young age. Now forced to live in a basement with his grandparents, he entirely tries to hide the fact that he's a drug dealer. Because of the drug deals, Marcus is fully respected by the neighborhood, and a thug that gives him power like no other. Even though he has money, respect, friends, and a upcoming baby, he still wants to be a successful rapper.

I still liked how the film turned out, and I enjoyed the film. Little messy, it's a pretty decent film considering it was produced by "MTV Films".
½ July 18, 2016
Better than I was expecting 50 Cent does a good acting job, Would of thought it would have done better at the box office, A good little film to add to your collection.
June 28, 2016
It's honestly a decent film. How it received such low ratings is beyond me. The acting isn't amazing and the story line isn't the best but it was watchable and deserved at the very least 6/10 stars.
½ June 19, 2016
Curtis 50 cent Jackson appears to have some acting chops. His story here almost looks like that it had potential, but when I took a good look at this feature, I thought, "Umm, yeah, he looks childish. I can't take him serious enough." It's a problem which allot of music artists have in trying to take on a movie role in the past, and still trying to do today! It doesn't work as much as they want it to, because it's not for them!
As for one scene which I called bullcrap on, is the one where that gangbanger pulled out a gun as fast as the flash, and shot the cops in their car! Uh uh, c'mon! That cannot happen in real life, seriously!?
This just felt like another missed opportunity!
May 17, 2016
Not near as good as when I was a young rebellious teenager. Now it's just trash.
May 2, 2016
decent not as bad as its rating reflects although cliched was entertaining and 50 cent isn't too bad an actor.
April 4, 2016
this was a interesting film to see
January 30, 2016
Acaban mojados, cuando llueve diluvia normalmente, ocurre por el denaro y las putas amigo en mi barrio cuando llueve diluvia. I'll whip your head Boy!
January 30, 2016
January 28th-29th 2016
January 3, 2016
it shows hiw harsh life really is,
December 30, 2015
Great movie for 50 cent fans
November 8, 2015
Not as good as other Hip Hop stories such as 8 Mile or Notorious, but was interesting without a lot of good acting or big names
August 22, 2015
No pop but there a few fine performances but not enough to save this seen it before film.
August 21, 2015
omegafoster1234@gmail
June 8, 2015
One of my favorite hip hop movies next to Juice
May 17, 2015
50 Cent should stick to music...rappers can't act.
May 4, 2015
get rich or die tryin' 2005
March 1, 2015
It was amazing. 50 told his life
February 27, 2015
Have you ever watched 8-Mile? Or Notorious? Or Goodfellas? Or A Bronx Tale? Or anything...