Get Smart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Smart Reviews

½ June 11, 2016
This is good. Nothing amazing but I did laugh a lot
June 4, 2016
Steve Carell seems to be closer to a Leslie Nielsen imitation (a poor one), than Don Adams, but this modern movie update is nothing like the television series. It's both too long, and too unfunny.
May 15, 2016
Lots of great action, but minimal comedy that made me laugh out loud. I did chuckle often, but it's not something I'd watch again. Steve Carell did not surprise me at all, doing the same old shtick he does in every movie (there's even a scene here that's exactly like the "Oooh Kelly Clarkson" bit in 40 Year Old Virgin...except in an airplane bathroom) so maybe that's why I wasn't laughing that much. And Anne Hathaway's character was so deadly serious the whole time, she could not provide any laughs. BUT I loved Alan Arkin as The Chief...YES!
April 4, 2016
It's a comedy. It's hilarious. It did it's job. There isn't anything else we should judge it on.
½ March 22, 2016
It's sad how painfully unfunny Get Smart is. Stranded, it's cast is misplaced and wasted as the "jokes" are of the lowest intellect variety.
March 16, 2016
I prefer Michael Scott on The Office.
½ March 8, 2016
A personal childhood favourite
February 9, 2016
This is actually funny. Carell with a Mr. Bean kind of comedy.
Positives: Anne Hathaway in a comedic roll; Dwayne Johnson kicking ass; ridiculous situations that just make you laugh.
Negatives: Not really a fan of Carell but he was actually okayish.
January 22, 2016
Get Smart
Okay it is smart.. but Smart isn't always entertaining
½ January 11, 2016
I grew up watching this old show and always loved it. I didn't even realize the TV show was created by Mel Brooks till I saw this movie. Anyway its pretty silly and formulaic as you would probably expect but I enjoyed the call backs to the tv show so I was entertained.
½ January 3, 2016
It's fun and definitely worth seeing once but I've never been able to make it all the way through a second time.
½ December 18, 2015
Take the original Get Smart, add in a little more action and a brilliant cast and you get a winner, on thing keeping it from near perfection is a couple juvenile jokes. Overall an excellent adaptation.
November 26, 2015
The funny parts were in the preview.
November 12, 2015
Steve Carell at his best!
November 7, 2015
Agent 86, Maxwell Smart and Agent 99 are back on the screen again. Looks like it'll be full of laughs.
½ October 20, 2015
Yes, it's not Don Adams, but Carrell is funny enough and the laughs are good. A decent modern version of the original tv show.
½ October 16, 2015
I had to take a few stars off because of Steve Carell. It's nice that his career has subsided a little and I have more choices in what to watch. The redeeming factor of the movie is Anne Hathaway. She makes this movie version of the tv show better than the original maybe too good... Barbara Feldon had a certain essence about her which I can only describe as stupidity that seemed perfectly natural whereas Anne is a little too arch in the movie version. Nevertheless, it's always nice to see Anne on the wide screen.
½ October 15, 2015
get smart is a great movie it actually gets the action comedy thing right you can get it on dvd for around three bucks so its worth it if your looking for a comedy but dont expect a crazy 007 in depth action movie. its downfalls are mainly the comedy kinda brings you out of the action.
½ October 9, 2015
if nothing else, Anne Hathaway is pretty much guaranteed FHMs no1 babe for the next 2 yrs,
September 18, 2015
Steve Carell is always good.