Get Smart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Smart Reviews

½ March 8, 2016
A personal childhood favourite
February 9, 2016
This is actually funny. Carell with a Mr. Bean kind of comedy.
Positives: Anne Hathaway in a comedic roll; Dwayne Johnson kicking ass; ridiculous situations that just make you laugh.
Negatives: Not really a fan of Carell but he was actually okayish.
January 22, 2016
Get Smart
Okay it is smart.. but Smart isn't always entertaining
½ January 11, 2016
I grew up watching this old show and always loved it. I didn't even realize the TV show was created by Mel Brooks till I saw this movie. Anyway its pretty silly and formulaic as you would probably expect but I enjoyed the call backs to the tv show so I was entertained.
½ January 3, 2016
It's fun and definitely worth seeing once but I've never been able to make it all the way through a second time.
½ December 18, 2015
Take the original Get Smart, add in a little more action and a brilliant cast and you get a winner, on thing keeping it from near perfection is a couple juvenile jokes. Overall an excellent adaptation.
November 26, 2015
The funny parts were in the preview.
November 12, 2015
Steve Carell at his best!
November 7, 2015
Agent 86, Maxwell Smart and Agent 99 are back on the screen again. Looks like it'll be full of laughs.
½ October 20, 2015
Yes, it's not Don Adams, but Carrell is funny enough and the laughs are good. A decent modern version of the original tv show.
½ October 16, 2015
I had to take a few stars off because of Steve Carell. It's nice that his career has subsided a little and I have more choices in what to watch. The redeeming factor of the movie is Anne Hathaway. She makes this movie version of the tv show better than the original maybe too good... Barbara Feldon had a certain essence about her which I can only describe as stupidity that seemed perfectly natural whereas Anne is a little too arch in the movie version. Nevertheless, it's always nice to see Anne on the wide screen.
½ October 15, 2015
get smart is a great movie it actually gets the action comedy thing right you can get it on dvd for around three bucks so its worth it if your looking for a comedy but dont expect a crazy 007 in depth action movie. its downfalls are mainly the comedy kinda brings you out of the action.
½ October 9, 2015
if nothing else, Anne Hathaway is pretty much guaranteed FHMs no1 babe for the next 2 yrs,
September 18, 2015
Steve Carell is always good.
½ September 12, 2015
Get Smart is a totally silly, but effortlessly enjoyable spy spoof that has rapid-fire gags throughout and an awesome cast to back them up. Adapted from the popular tv series co-created by Mel Brooks, the film centers on a top analyst for a government agency (played by the bumbling Carell) who wants nothing more than to be a spy and gets his chance when the other agents' identities are compromised. His brand of physical humour akin to Peter Sellers really works here and his surprising capabilities in the field through accidents or pure luck are hilarious to watch. He's joined by Anne Hathaway who has a funny spin on her character that she's actually older than him but had undergone surgery to hide her identity allowing for a lot of hilarious hijinks between them two. The supporting cast is great as well with Alan Arkin, Terence Stamp, and of course, The Rock playing a bit of a goof himself! The film plays out very much like an Austin Powers movie without all the sex jokes and it's good, clean fun for an assortment of people to watch. Alan Arkin also delivers one of the funniest damn lines during a car chase and it is comedy gold!
½ September 12, 2015
- I've seen this a few times now, and I like it. Though it's not a great movie, it does have some funny bits. The cast is excellent and Steve Carrell always makes me laugh.

- Not a great movie, but I laughed a lot...it really depends on how much you like Steve Carrell.
½ September 10, 2015
This movie missed getting 3 stars by THAT much
September 5, 2015
this movie was goofy but it was much better than I thought it would be. Quite funny.
September 1, 2015
Hmmm, this could be a fun one to see, though I never saw the TV series.
½ September 1, 2015
I haven't seen the original series this was based on, but I found this movie very uneven. From the tone itself, sometimes it gets dark, but at other times its too silly, the threats don't feel real and you can't take the plot seriously. It offers no surprises or twists, and in the end about 1 joke hits for every 3 or 4 tries. The result is forgettable action comedy that feels like its trying too hard.