Get Smart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Smart Reviews

½ November 6, 2016
Steve Carell remains as funny as ever in Get Smart.
October 29, 2016
Not bad, but not that great either.
October 25, 2016
Movie Review: Get Smart
Do you like the movies like James bond and with more humor to them, well then Get Smart might just be the movie for you. Starring Steve Carell (Maxwell Smart) Anne Hathaway (Agent 99) Alan Arkin(The Chief) and Dwayne Johnson as (Agent 23), this comedy of the agency CONTROL VS the Agency KAOS in order to save the world from nuclear threats. Agents 86 and 99 must Locate these devices and stop KAOS. This movies is full of the cute humor that Steve Carell provides in every movie like Dinner for Schmucks or The 40 Year Old Virgin. The one thing the movie lacks that everything else makes up for is the lack of more backstory on characters like Agent 23 or why these agencies exist in the first place. Otherwise this movie will always have a special place in heart of the Steve Carell movies.
½ September 3, 2016
Adequate cast but lacklustre script.
August 28, 2016
Funneh as helly smart
½ July 30, 2016
Conventional, silly, beyond preposterous, but also funny, competently made, and thoroughly entertaining. I had a pretty good time watching "Get Smart". I laughed quite a bit and the set pieces were fun to watch.
July 13, 2016
Every time I see this movie I laugh SO hard!
½ June 28, 2016
Get Smart was boring and dreadful. Get Smart is probably Steve Carrell's worst movie yet. This movie lacks so much comedy. I would not suggest this movie.
½ June 11, 2016
This is good. Nothing amazing but I did laugh a lot
June 4, 2016
Steve Carell seems to be closer to a Leslie Nielsen imitation (a poor one), than Don Adams, but this modern movie update is nothing like the television series. It's both too long, and too unfunny.
May 15, 2016
Lots of great action, but minimal comedy that made me laugh out loud. I did chuckle often, but it's not something I'd watch again. Steve Carell did not surprise me at all, doing the same old shtick he does in every movie (there's even a scene here that's exactly like the "Oooh Kelly Clarkson" bit in 40 Year Old Virgin...except in an airplane bathroom) so maybe that's why I wasn't laughing that much. And Anne Hathaway's character was so deadly serious the whole time, she could not provide any laughs. BUT I loved Alan Arkin as The Chief...YES!
April 4, 2016
It's a comedy. It's hilarious. It did it's job. There isn't anything else we should judge it on.
½ March 22, 2016
It's sad how painfully unfunny Get Smart is. Stranded, it's cast is misplaced and wasted as the "jokes" are of the lowest intellect variety.
March 16, 2016
I prefer Michael Scott on The Office.
½ March 8, 2016
A personal childhood favourite
February 9, 2016
This is actually funny. Carell with a Mr. Bean kind of comedy.
Positives: Anne Hathaway in a comedic roll; Dwayne Johnson kicking ass; ridiculous situations that just make you laugh.
Negatives: Not really a fan of Carell but he was actually okayish.
January 22, 2016
Get Smart
Okay it is smart.. but Smart isn't always entertaining
½ January 11, 2016
I grew up watching this old show and always loved it. I didn't even realize the TV show was created by Mel Brooks till I saw this movie. Anyway its pretty silly and formulaic as you would probably expect but I enjoyed the call backs to the tv show so I was entertained.
½ January 3, 2016
It's fun and definitely worth seeing once but I've never been able to make it all the way through a second time.
½ December 18, 2015
Take the original Get Smart, add in a little more action and a brilliant cast and you get a winner, on thing keeping it from near perfection is a couple juvenile jokes. Overall an excellent adaptation.