Get Smart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Smart Reviews

½ October 16, 2015
I had to take a few stars off because of Steve Carell. It's nice that his career has subsided a little and I have more choices in what to watch. The redeeming factor of the movie is Anne Hathaway. She makes this movie version of the tv show better than the original maybe too good... Barbara Feldon had a certain essence about her which I can only describe as stupidity that seemed perfectly natural whereas Anne is a little too arch in the movie version. Nevertheless, it's always nice to see Anne on the wide screen.
½ October 15, 2015
get smart is a great movie it actually gets the action comedy thing right you can get it on dvd for around three bucks so its worth it if your looking for a comedy but dont expect a crazy 007 in depth action movie. its downfalls are mainly the comedy kinda brings you out of the action.
½ October 9, 2015
if nothing else, Anne Hathaway is pretty much guaranteed FHMs no1 babe for the next 2 yrs,
September 18, 2015
Steve Carell is always good.
½ September 12, 2015
Get Smart is a totally silly, but effortlessly enjoyable spy spoof that has rapid-fire gags throughout and an awesome cast to back them up. Adapted from the popular tv series co-created by Mel Brooks, the film centers on a top analyst for a government agency (played by the bumbling Carell) who wants nothing more than to be a spy and gets his chance when the other agents' identities are compromised. His brand of physical humour akin to Peter Sellers really works here and his surprising capabilities in the field through accidents or pure luck are hilarious to watch. He's joined by Anne Hathaway who has a funny spin on her character that she's actually older than him but had undergone surgery to hide her identity allowing for a lot of hilarious hijinks between them two. The supporting cast is great as well with Alan Arkin, Terence Stamp, and of course, The Rock playing a bit of a goof himself! The film plays out very much like an Austin Powers movie without all the sex jokes and it's good, clean fun for an assortment of people to watch. Alan Arkin also delivers one of the funniest damn lines during a car chase and it is comedy gold!
½ September 12, 2015
- I've seen this a few times now, and I like it. Though it's not a great movie, it does have some funny bits. The cast is excellent and Steve Carrell always makes me laugh.

- Not a great movie, but I laughed a lot...it really depends on how much you like Steve Carrell.
½ September 10, 2015
This movie missed getting 3 stars by THAT much
September 5, 2015
this movie was goofy but it was much better than I thought it would be. Quite funny.
September 1, 2015
Hmmm, this could be a fun one to see, though I never saw the TV series.
½ September 1, 2015
I haven't seen the original series this was based on, but I found this movie very uneven. From the tone itself, sometimes it gets dark, but at other times its too silly, the threats don't feel real and you can't take the plot seriously. It offers no surprises or twists, and in the end about 1 joke hits for every 3 or 4 tries. The result is forgettable action comedy that feels like its trying too hard.
August 21, 2015
A colourful film, all actors create an atmosphere of comedy and suspense. A few quirky and "laugh out loud" lines and scenes, Get Smart isn't the best, but it's impressive and humorous.
½ August 19, 2015
it was one of the funniest movies ive seen in a while
August 14, 2015
totally ruined my fond memories of the original series, had to watch it once more to really not hate the movie
August 11, 2015
If you've seen The Office before, this film feels like Threat Level Midnight, but it's not that funny.
½ August 8, 2015
This movies a solid comedy!!!! Quite hilarious random humor
½ July 27, 2015
This movie is great, I love it, but the first 30 mins were a bit uneventful. I highly recommend it.
July 9, 2015
I freakin love this movie. Me , my brother , and father laugh sooo hard at the bathroom scene in the restaurant! im smiling thinking about it. ??? I dont care if people say it has "old jokes" get smart was a hilarious show in its day and still is! steve did Don justice in this movie. p.s. love how the old Siegfried has a cameo.
½ June 12, 2015
Funniest spy movie, Steve Carrell did an awesome job
½ May 27, 2015
I loved this movie - and it really enlightened me and made me feel "smart" I know it's not smart, but for me, in its own weird way, its an extremely "smart" movie, in a weird, really different kind of way. I actually kind of like Steve Carell in this, and Anne Hathaway does a good job, in her pre-catwoman days! Great outtakes, and a charming unique experience loaded with goodies for people like me who need and want to "Get Smart" and this movies delivers in making me "Get Smart". I really treasure my copy of this. Somewhat stunning! An excellent summer blockbuster spoof of the Batman and James Bond rolled into one with some hilarious cameos by Bill Murray and The Great Khali. I liked the ending with the Rock's dark turn, and the tone of the movie was downright crazy sweet. It was a little saccharine but it was also quite neat in that no other movie was given to me such a sweet, quiet tone that has done it for me. I just think the Steve Carell character is legendary and his relationship with Anne Hathaway is spectacular and I loved this movie quite a bunch and it may have been a master craft, but it does not get a ten because it was a little sleek with action and did have a bit of violence and was more goofy than cinematic history. Still an excellent excellent movie.
May 16, 2015
Steve Carell was perfectly cast for this film based on the classic tv series of the same name. Anne Hathaway does a good job as Carell's sidekick as well as Dwayne Johnson. The movie is very funny from start to finish and Carell never loses his charm. This is likely to become THE comedy hit for this summer.