Get Smart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Smart Reviews

½ June 12, 2015
Funniest spy movie, Steve Carrell did an awesome job
½ May 27, 2015
I loved this movie - and it really enlightened me and made me feel "smart" I know it's not smart, but for me, in its own weird way, its an extremely "smart" movie, in a weird, really different kind of way. I actually kind of like Steve Carell in this, and Anne Hathaway does a good job, in her pre-catwoman days! Great outtakes, and a charming unique experience loaded with goodies for people like me who need and want to "Get Smart" and this movies delivers in making me "Get Smart". I really treasure my copy of this. Somewhat stunning! An excellent summer blockbuster spoof of the Batman and James Bond rolled into one with some hilarious cameos by Bill Murray and The Great Khali. I liked the ending with the Rock's dark turn, and the tone of the movie was downright crazy sweet. It was a little saccharine but it was also quite neat in that no other movie was given to me such a sweet, quiet tone that has done it for me. I just think the Steve Carell character is legendary and his relationship with Anne Hathaway is spectacular and I loved this movie quite a bunch and it may have been a master craft, but it does not get a ten because it was a little sleek with action and did have a bit of violence and was more goofy than cinematic history. Still an excellent excellent movie.
May 16, 2015
Steve Carell was perfectly cast for this film based on the classic tv series of the same name. Anne Hathaway does a good job as Carell's sidekick as well as Dwayne Johnson. The movie is very funny from start to finish and Carell never loses his charm. This is likely to become THE comedy hit for this summer.
½ May 2, 2015
OK, so maybe this makes me ridiculous but...I like Steve Carell being an ass for two just about any capacity. This movie was light entertainment and (to my surprise) I really liked it!
½ May 2, 2015
A Saturday night filler
May 1, 2015
Hilarious!!! Steve Carell is awesome!
February 26, 2015
A fun flick all around but not a must see.
½ February 21, 2015
February 19, 2015
Feb 19, 2015

Orchard Hill

Michael bredeweg
Scott burden
½ February 14, 2015
Get smart is gleefully energetic and bursting with charm. Which helps elevate this film above the average comedy.
Grade: B-
January 31, 2015
Fall asleep every time
January 29, 2015
Steve Carell absolutely owns this film which manages to be funny with just a smidge of heart. Full review later.
½ January 18, 2015
Acertaron con los protagonistas, Steve Carell esta muy divertido
½ January 16, 2015
Man I love this movie. Especially when you know the show.
January 2, 2015
A comedy movie with the funny Steve Carell but he had his best role in "40 year old virgin" so far. He does a decent job as the clumsy agent tho but the movie as whole are just okey i thought. The Rock have a role aswell and the same goes for him. This flick is much the same as Johnny English kinda and other similar ones. Overall a watchable comedy but could have been better in some areas.
½ December 26, 2014
A very likeable and fun movie. If you were a fan of the original TV Series, you will appreciate Steve Carell's portrayal of Maxwell Smart. You will also appreciate Anne Hathaway's portrayal of Agent 99. And the supporting cast does a good job as well. The comedy offers some genuine laughs but at times, is a little cheesy but the movie has heart. Overall, it's enjoyable.
December 24, 2014
This was the funniest movie I have ever watched. Steve Carell was fantastically hilarious and Anne Hathaway is a wonderful actress. Whenever people ask me to recommend a comedy, this is it.
December 12, 2014
so cool I really want to see it
December 2, 2014