Getting Away with Murder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Getting Away with Murder Reviews

February 1, 2016
One of the worst, most offensive comedies of the '90s.
April 28, 2015
This is one of the worst movies if not the worst movie of '96.
½ August 13, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
April 5, 2013
I still think its odd and funny in its own weird way.
October 8, 2011
GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER (1995)
½ March 28, 2010
Stupid movie. Not funny or have any merit at all.
October 12, 2009
The most entertaining 2-star movie ever made. "You call this JUSTICE?!?!?! ...do de do, do doodoo"
½ November 20, 2008
Mediocre, but somewhat amusing
½ March 26, 2008
i thought it was good
February 16, 2008
One of my all time favorite films. What an awesome movie! I definetely recommend it! A classic comedy! Aykroyd is great in this one!
January 25, 2008
funny movie, I loved it, Dan Aykroyd is the best!!
½ November 15, 2007
A very interesting idea handled in a quite poor way.
½ November 10, 2007
Funny at times, but not much to cheer over. It's watchable and then you forget all about it.
August 21, 2007
i would like to see this one...
August 21, 2007
Could be a laugh. Fingers crossed.
½ July 5, 2007
Contrary to what the low average ratings say, this movie was not half bad. Alright, alright, so the bad German accents could have been done better).

Dan Aykroyd does a fantastic job (in comparison with Ghostbusters, that is) as the neurotic Jack Lambert, and Jack Lemmon is charming as always. The storyline is a bit predictable, but strangely original.

Basically, if you like black comedies, you should enjoy this.
June 3, 2007
Amusing black comedy about a man who decides to execute his Nazi war-criminal neighbor. Not particularly funny but poses some good moral questions.
½ January 10, 2007
i watched this cuz everyone hated it. its ok if you dont think its gonna be really good.
December 12, 2006
Starring: Dan Aykroyd, Lily Tomlin, Jack Lemmon, and Bonnie Hunt.
Written and Directed by Harvey Miller.
Rated [b]R[/b] (for some sexual situations).
Running time approximately 1 hour 31 minutes.

Dreadful and offensive only begin to describe the inescapably repugnant experience of watching [i]Getting Away with Murder[/i]. The cast is so darned good, but nothing (not, not a single bloody thing) could ever have redeemed this trash from its undying status as one of the worst comedies ever made. I hate this movie. I've seen it once, and it was a long time ago, but I still stand offended. Bleh. [b]* (out of ****) D[/b]
CloudIsAMonkey
December 10, 2006
It's not that hard... *shifty eyes*