Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster Reviews

½ March 28, 2016
A true tale of terror This is the 5th Godzilla movie. It also the 3rd Mothra movie. It is also the 2nd Rodan movie. All three monster join forces to battler Ghidorah and three headed dragon from space. A great film. Most of the early Godzilla movie are better. This is better then the 2nd Godzilla movie Godzilla raids again. The 6th Godzilla movie Godzilla vs Monster zero is better. The 1st Rodan movie is better. This is better then the 1st Mothra movie. The 2nd Mothra movie Godzilla vs Mothra is better. This is one the best movies from 1965. See all the Mothra movies. See all the Rodan movie. There are great monster movies
February 21, 2016
This kaiju movie is worth watching because it has nearly everything the first decade of those movies has to offer. Also, Gojira looks super pissed and spends most of his screen time flailing around and throwing rocks at random.
½ January 26, 2016
This was a fun movie to watch. The pacing was bad at times (especially the introduction of Godzilla in the ocean) but it knew what I wanted to see in a Kaiju film and after some mandatory establishment it built itself up to an awesome climatic fight.
January 14, 2016
One of the best monster movies.
December 31, 2015
The fifth Godzilla film introduces Ghidorah, who'd become a regular nemesis of Godzilla. This film also marked the first film in which Godzilla became the hero of the film. In battling Ghidorah, Godzilla is joined by Mothra and Rodan who help defend Japan from the terror that is King Ghidorah. It's a pretty fun time if you're into guys in rubber monster suits crushing miniature cities, which I most certainly am.
June 6, 2015
The debut of the infamous three headed kaiju King Ghidorah who looks fantastic in this film. It took about 20 puppeteers and a stuntman in a suit to bring the beast to life and miraculously very few strings are visible on screen. This film also marks the first time more than 3 kaiju have been on screen at the same time.
½ January 21, 2015
Although one of the more serious installments, it also has its quirks. The monster action, however, is just a cool and cheesy as ever.
½ December 7, 2014
Pretty good, indeed. The suspense is decently done, the special effects are decent, the fights are decent... well everything is decent; it is even kind of funny.
½ August 7, 2014
It's slow, but I think that was a good route to go seeing how this is King Ghidorah's first movie.
July 31, 2014
This is a great movie. It introduces King Ghidorah, the three-headed golden dragon and my personal favorite Godzilla enemy. The fights are terrific, plot is good and the movie in a whole is amusing. It also introduces another one of my favorites Rodan. I like this one a lot.
½ June 20, 2014
They threw everything at the wall hoping something would stick!
May 31, 2014
Strays even further from the source material. Nothing too exciting, but watchable if you're in the mood for cheesy nonsense.
May 20, 2014
This entry is notable for being the introduction to the three headed Ghidorah and the first one to feature Godzilla as a good guy. It cements Godzilla's fall from a terrifying force of destruction into a kids movie character with scenes like him laughing and getting it in the balls and the whole thing feels rushed. Still its worth a few chuckles
½ May 18, 2014
A monster royal rumble.
May 18, 2014
Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah all together in this movie!
May 16, 2014
Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan join forces to save the world from Ghidorah. I first saw this movie as a little kid and it initiated a life-long interest in Japan. Watching it decades later, I find it equal parts brilliant, crummy and bizarre. It has some camp value going for it, but not much else.
May 15, 2014
A fun and cheesy installment in the Godzilla series. While it may lack in the writing and acting departments it does not lack in fun and monster fights!
May 9, 2014
Finally a legitimately entertaining Godzilla sequel. A Three Headed Monster? Genius! With some ridiculously funny moments, this movie finally delivers the all-time entertainment Godzilla is known for, and thank God, because they certainly took a while to do it. It's the fifth time we see Godzilla, yet it's not just him destroying shit, actually, that's pretty toned-down here; it's more about Godzilla fighting monsters, and I love it.

The story gets some hold-up build-up while we learn what Ghidorah is, and in the meantime, Godzilla fights Rodan, another kaiju. Godzilla doesn't get along with anybody, huh? It's quite simple, but truly entertaining, it isn't dull and it isn't stale, it's just done correctly to properly entertain. All I have to say is, it quite delivers unlike any Godzilla sequel before it.

Ghidorah would later become a regular villain in the series, and thank God, because that monster is cool and it's a great effect too. This movie certainly lacks characterization and a strong story, but what we have here, it's just about enough. One of the better Godzilla movies.
April 28, 2014