Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (San daikaijû: Chikyû saidai no kessen) Reviews

• Jan 23, 2020

One of the best in the series

One of the best in the series

• Dec 27, 2019

The first big, all-out Godzilla monster movie.

The first big, all-out Godzilla monster movie.

• Nov 17, 2019

All Hail, King Ghidorah! Such a good movie!

All Hail, King Ghidorah! Such a good movie!

• Oct 12, 2019

This film is one of the top Gojira related kaiju films not only for introducing King Ghidorah to the gallery of "The King of Monsters" adversaries but including Mothra and Rodan into the titanic fray. Excellent!!!

• Dec 29, 2018

This was a fun movie to watch. The pacing was bad at times (especially the introduction of Godzilla in the ocean) but it knew what I wanted to see in a Kaiju film and after some mandatory establishment it built itself up to an awesome climatic fight.

• Dec 29, 2018

One of the best monster movies.

One of the best monster movies.

• Dec 29, 2018

All in all, this film and the two preceding it form an unofficial trilogy of films that basically will give you exactly what you probably think of when you think of what a "Godzilla movie" should look like. http://cinematicjustice.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/every-godzilla-ever-part-1-the-showa-era-1954-1975/

• Dec 29, 2018

Great classic monster movie, which features the first look at the 3 headed dragon, Ghidorah (or Ghidrah, this movie likes to call him a few variations of this). A rock with magnetic properties (sometimes) is discovered in the mountains, and out of the blue Ghidrah appears. There is no explanation provided for this, so nerds like me are unable to truly explain how he appeared. It ends with Ghidrah getting the shit beat out of him. The variety of monsters (Rodan, Godzilla, Mothra and Ghidrah) are a real treat, yet it seems a but unfair that the fight is 3v1. 6.5/10, a classic in the Godzilla universe, worth a watch if you enjoy Godzilla / Toho flicks.

• Dec 29, 2018

Pretty good, indeed. The suspense is decently done, the special effects are decent, the fights are decent... well everything is decent; it is even kind of funny.

• Dec 29, 2018

Finally a legitimately entertaining Godzilla sequel. A Three Headed Monster? Genius! With some ridiculously funny moments, this movie finally delivers the all-time entertainment Godzilla is known for, and thank God, because they certainly took a while to do it. It's the fifth time we see Godzilla, yet it's not just him destroying shit, actually, that's pretty toned-down here; it's more about Godzilla fighting monsters, and I love it. The story gets some hold-up build-up while we learn what Ghidorah is, and in the meantime, Godzilla fights Rodan, another kaiju. Godzilla doesn't get along with anybody, huh? It's quite simple, but truly entertaining, it isn't dull and it isn't stale, it's just done correctly to properly entertain. All I have to say is, it quite delivers unlike any Godzilla sequel before it. Ghidorah would later become a regular villain in the series, and thank God, because that monster is cool and it's a great effect too. This movie certainly lacks characterization and a strong story, but what we have here, it's just about enough. One of the better Godzilla movies.