Ghost of Mae Nak - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghost of Mae Nak Reviews

July 31, 2008
A cool story, but it really wasn't put together all that well.
May 11, 2008
UH OH! MAE NAK AINT HAPPY. SHE WANTS HER FOREHEAD BACK. I LIKE IT WHEN THE GUY GETS SLICED IN HALF!
½ April 9, 2008
The premise was fine for a good ghost story, but the reality is not quite as promising.
The B-movie style effects are on occasion quite good, but both the death scenes and the ghost's appearance fluctuate from effective to hilarious due to the very obvious and unrealistic CGI (to be honest, I think they could've had better success with prosthetics and models).
Personally I found most of the film quite boring - the first half seems mainly to be a chronicle of how this nice couple are being ripped off at every turn, and even the ghost killing the con artists off via elaborate set piece didn't revive my interest. My interest picked up again slightly towards the end, but all in all I don't feel that it was worth the effort despite the promise that is buried within it.
According to reviews, Nang Nak, a film of the original legend, is miles better. I imagine that anyone who loved that film would be disappointed with this.
April 7, 2008
low budget..but what a great movie....something hollywood should learn to make..and no NOT remake!!!
April 2, 2008
excellent film, good story wicked twist
March 22, 2008
Mak loves Nak Nak loves Mak :))
March 19, 2008
Meh, pretty good i guess
March 15, 2008
A very well made Thai Horror film. It was very well shot and made good use of shadows, darkness, and out-of-focus shots for the horror scenes. There were also some really creepy facial expressions Mae Nak's ghost made. The special effects for the gore scenes were also pretty well done. One of the things that could've done better is it relied far too much on the music to build suspense. It would've been a lot better if it used more than just music at times. The love story was also a nice addition. Overall, It's an underrated film that more horror fans should watch.
March 10, 2008
Plotline is pretty good. I liked it, not too confusing, not too gory, scary enough for the average joe.
March 3, 2008
i love Thai ghost stories. few scary shots, and good plot. the cameramenship was excellent.
February 22, 2008
this was actually pretty good
it keeps you entertained throughout the movie
February 8, 2008
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
½ December 30, 2007
While it wasn't really scary, it was good. Plotline and cameramenship were excellent. It's one I might watch a few times.
½ December 13, 2007
Very good old fashioned scary film!! not as scary as its peers tho.....
November 24, 2007
The Ghost of Mae Nak is based on an old Thai legend of a woman who comes back to get revenge on a newly wed couple with the same name as her and her also dead husband.

It was a good movie. The couple was sickenly cute though. "Nak loves Mak." "Mak loves Nak." Puke-city! The ghost was pretty decent. It was your typical asian ghost: long black hair, white face, black mouth. Not too scary.

No real surprises in this flick. It was just a good waste of time. Rent it if you are into ghosts and moderately bored.
November 14, 2007
wish I knew what this was about... it looks interesting though.
October 23, 2007
Phillipino/Indonesian movies are an oxymoron.
October 7, 2007
A disappointing Tartan. Kinda funny when it shouldnt have been, uninteresting leads, tedious.
August 28, 2007
hmmm izleyelim bakal?m
August 2, 2007
One of the worse movies I've seen....wasn't at all scary and I was waiting for something to happen throughout the whole movie...