Reviews

• Jan 01, 2017

Interesting idea, but it tends to drag to much throughout. Sanchez's weakest movie I think...

• Dec 29, 2016

A pointless film, told in darkness, shaky cam, and extreme close-ups. The creatures are mostly shown out of focus, revealing a lack of confidence in the part of the director. At least the cast got a trip to China out of it!

• Jun 19, 2016

I am so tired of jiggly camera horror movies and this is one of the jiggliest. Also, this film has the worst lighting ever! You can't see half of what's going on. They missed a chance to make a good movie. Better skip this one.

• Mar 27, 2014

same ole tired story line

same ole tired story line

• Feb 16, 2014

Seventh Moon is the worst horror film I've seen since The Devil Inside and one of the all-time worst horror films I have ever seen. If I could rate this film zero stars, I would, but I have no choice but to give it an overly-generous half-star rating. I can't think of a single thing that this piece of shit did right because the story is a confusing, convoluted, boring, and totally un-engaging, the acting is beyond shitty, the dialogue is utterly atrocious, the scares are nonexistent, there is no atmosphere, the direction is hideous with an overuse of shaky cam and poor editing, the music is awful, and so much more. Seventh Moon represents the very worst traits of a low budget horror film and should be shown to film students on how not to make a horror film because it does absolutely everything wrong. It's a horrible, dull, tedious, and miserable experience that goes on for what feels like an eternity despite being 80-some-odd minutes in length. Avoid this one at all costs.

• Sep 20, 2013

A solidly creepy and original horror film from Eduardo Sanchez, the director of The Blair Witch Project, Seventh Moon concerns a couple on trip in China who happen to visit the country during a time when supernatural creatures prowl the Chinese countryside. A riveting, edge-of-your-seat thriller, Seventh Moon keeps you guessing and scared until the credits.

• Jun 25, 2013

Putting Amy smart in it, does not make it better.

Putting Amy smart in it, does not make it better.

• Mar 25, 2013

Nice build up but gets a bit too elaborate towards the end. Why do movie monsters always need a set of rules to play to? so that they can be beaten I suppose, shame this usually ends in stupidity.

• Mar 13, 2013

Got almost a old movie of the week feel to it.....not a bad thriller,not great but not bad.

• Jan 22, 2013