Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society Reviews

• Robert B Super Reviewer
    Oct 01, 2015

I watched Solid State Society in between Stand Alone Complex and the original GITS. I want to rate SSS up because it is GITS but I have to say it is definitely a cut below the rest of the franchise, mainly in terms of plotline. The one exception is the chilling twist at the end of SSS. If you are a fan of GITS then of course this is a must watch but keep your expectations moderate. While I find SSS to be so-so as far as GITS goes, it is still better than most of what is out there.

• Aug 04, 2015

Solid State Society thankfully maintains the series' strong, mature storytelling while engaging the viewer with insane animation and striking art.

• Dec 09, 2014

Um político conservador tenta criar uma geração de super crianças mas é surpreendido por uma consciência coletiva que se formou pela rede de cérebros conectados. É uma história ultra complexa, difícil de compreender sem ver a série de televisão anterior (52 episódios), mas o filme é bom ainda assim.

• May 10, 2014

Solid State Society is another great film in the Ghost in the Shell franchise. This entry is based more explicitly off of the two Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex television series and brings the stylistic elements from them to the film. The film is focused a bit more on the mystery element as if it were a short series or long episode, but the pacing works well and there is plenty of the good action and deep questioning of technology and society to make the film great.

• Jan 31, 2014

I like to consider this the third installment in the GITS film series. Pretty good, but more like the animated series Stand Alone Complex. It's the Army of Darkness of the bunch.

• Jan 09, 2014

I loved every second of it, but I'm definitely biased, as I love all that is GITS.

• Sep 23, 2012

The perfect ending to the Stand Alone Complex series. Although I was worried about the effects of compressing the plot of a proposed third series into a film, the decision paid off. The audience who had seen the previous two series would know the philosophies well enough that they no longer needed hours of episodes delving into them. Now, both fans and casual viewers could simply be presented with a fantastic and detailed story with complex well drawn characters and deep moral questions, along with fantastic animation and action. Almost perfect.

• Sep 04, 2012

A great Ova, Very good. Certainly satisfy any fans of the series.

A great Ova, Very good. Certainly satisfy any fans of the series.

• Aug 26, 2012

I love this Annamae need to make more like it

I love this Annamae need to make more like it

• Aug 04, 2012

this is so far from the original manga, that watching these guys butcher Shirow's work is painful