Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Reviews

August 22, 2017
Even worse than the first
August 11, 2017
It's crazier than the original.
½ July 30, 2017
Not nearly as bad as reviewers would have you believe but that doesn't make it good. At some points I wondered if it was trying to be Terminator 2 which is hilarious. Its watchable. Barely.
½ July 26, 2017
1.5/5. Nicolas Cage is at his Cagiest, but even he can't save Spirit of Vengeance. Idris Elba does a fine job and there are a few fun/goofy moments, but mostly this film is just boring and occasionally baffling, but not in a good way.
July 26, 2017
I'm Only Just Getting Action Comics Vol. 1, (1938-2009), Superman Vol. 2, (1987-2006), And The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1, (1963-1999), And The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2, (1999-2009).
July 22, 2017
It's better than first one.... Though in comparison that's not saying too much. As much as I loved Neveldine/Taylor's frantic direction in Crank it doesn't work for a Comic Book movie.
½ July 11, 2017
I loved the first one when I was little then this came out and I lost my mind definitely one of the worst marvel movies
½ July 10, 2017
Has a few ups and downs.
½ July 5, 2017
Idris Elba was literally the only good thing about this movie. As always, he gave a good performance. Other than that, HOW THE F$&@ DID THIS MOVIE GET MADE??????? It's special effects make it look like it had a budget of $10, and it had terrible (if any) plot and storytelling!!!!! Bleh.
July 2, 2017
The first Ghost Rider was boring, generic, and forgettable. This one will make you feel violated with its lack of competence.
June 28, 2017
In Romania, a French priest named Moreau (Idris Elba) warns the monks of a monastery about an impending attack by the devil's forces to obtain a boy named Danny. The monastery falls under attack; Moreau tries to help the boy and his mother Nadya (Violante Placido) escape, but the distrusting mother shoots at Moreau and flees with her son. Moreau manages to distract the men chasing Danny and Nadya, but nearly dies in the process and loses them. He believes that only the Ghost Rider is capable of protecting the boy. He finds the Rider and seeks his help. The Ghost Rider - is a vengeful, fiery spirit who feeds on the evil of his victims and consumes the souls of sinners. No matter how small the infraction - anything from genocide to a white lie - the Rider does not differentiate. This drives Johnny Blaze (Nicolas Cage) aka The Ghost Rider into hiding, fighting the evil spirit within him. Moreau finds him with some ease and convinces him to save the boy in exchange for his priesthood's ability to restore Johnny's soul and remove the Ghost Rider's curse forever...

Reviewers who viewed an early preview screening at the December 2011 Butt-Numb-A-Thon in Austin expressed negative reactions to the film. Two attendants said it was worse than the first Ghost Rider film, and one said that the sequel makes the first film "look like The Dark Knight" by comparison. Rotten Tomatoes consensus states: "With a weak script, uneven CG work, and a Nicolas Cage performance so predictably loony it's no longer amusing, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance aims to be trashy fun but ends up as plain trash."

The first Ghost Rider movie was ok, not top notch, but ok despite Nicolas Cage being in his usual overdrive mode. But, to be honest "Ghost Rider - Spirit of Vengeance" looks like a poor Eastern Europe low budget production and the feeling of being a bad tv-film looms all over the film. The plot, the script, the acting, and the special effects are just poor. Nicolas Cage canīt play Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider, itīs a fact. He just fucks it up. Idris Elba seems lost and you just know when Christopher Lambert has a part it simply wonīt be a film to remember and when a film is not screened in advance for critics you can figure out the end result by yourself. "Ghost Rider - Spirit of Vengeance" classifies as a pretty bad comic superhero production.
June 15, 2017
I would plead Sony to give Marvel Studios and Disney their characters back after this messy, soul less, trash.
June 11, 2017
The first Ghost rider was bad enough don't try again.
May 7, 2017
Half the budget of the original movie and I liked it better? That is what you call a success. I enjoyed watching this more than even The Amazing Spider-Man or any X-Men movie except First Class.
½ May 5, 2017
I had higher hopes for this considering the team behind it but it's shockingly even worse than its already poor predecessor.
½ March 4, 2017
The Ghost rider looks is better than the one in the first movie, but in just about every other aspects, this movie manages to become even worse in quality, while tainting ghost rider's reputation even further.
January 29, 2017
This film had potential from the trailer like most films. The special effects are good but you are not wowed by them. Compared to the first film it looks like it was cheaply made but they gave it a try with their budget. The story is just a bit pants.
½ January 21, 2017
ugh.. These guys need counseling.
January 20, 2017
This film has found its way into my so bad it's good collection. The script isn't the greatest but the sheer roller-coaster action keeps it from being boring. The simple fact of knowing the film is a mess really works in its favour, the crazy Cage performance, the story as you go, cast of knowns who come and go. This has rewatchable moments and should be destined for cult status, just don't go looking for something that critics clearly didn't find. Much better than the poor first film.
½ January 13, 2017
Originally I hated this film, but now I kinda like it mostly due to the great stunts, impressive visual-effects and another bizarre performance from the ever-reliable bad-movie savior known only as Nicolas Cage.