Ghost Team Reviews

• Oct 28, 2018

A few funny moments don't make up for the disaster this movie is.

A few funny moments don't make up for the disaster this movie is.

• Jul 13, 2018

Ghost Team was a well filmed blockbuster. It had a very simple storyline that embraces aspects from the horror genre except through the use of comedic humor of the unlikeliest heroes banding together to form the Ghost Team.

• Feb 18, 2018

This kinda explains why next to no one has heard of this movie. It's because it's terrible. I use to absolutely have a blast watching Jon Heder after his Napoleon Dynamite days. He had a good little two years when he was in quite a few comedies, but he apparently went kinda away for awhile. Anywho Jon Heder stars as Louis an owner of a copy store that likes paranormal hunter's. The kind of show you'd find on discovery channel where people are hunting ghosts and sightings. And...that's about all you ever find out about Louis. Heder kinda phones this one in and I never got a feeling for why he does the things he does. After a customer tells Louis he keeps hearing strange noises coming form his property Louis decides it's probably a ghost, so he gets a team together. his Ghost Team consists of his depressed best friend Stan (David Krumholtz), his techy nephew Zak (Paul W. Downs), an over eager security guard named Ross (Justin Long), a telephone psychic named Victoria (Amy Sedaris) and a girl that works next door to Louis named Ellie (Melonie Diaz) that he kinda has a crush on? The teams goes down to the customers property and discover a much bigger secret than they could have ever imagined. The story is bare bones. The movie clocks in at about an hour and 20 minutes. There's no character development and the twist is really easy to see. Overall, this wasn't funny, this wasn't scary...it was just bad. Stay away from this one if you can!

• Oct 19, 2017

Great Cast. Good Script. Director and Editing out to lunch. Neither scary or funny.

• Sep 29, 2017

staging and editing with no sense of comic timing. Such a cool Scooby 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. How can the director screw up a film with a cool story and great cast? Film looked great, fun characters, and a haunted barn with meth zombies. The camera, lighting, production design, you name it, it was all there. Directing was a big fail. Editing had no sense of comic timing. I really wanted to love this film but it's like when someone has a great joke but no clue on how to tell it.

• Sep 08, 2017

Great script! Excellent cast! Cinematography and Production design -commendable' So why does this film suck? Bad directing and editing. No sense of comic timing in the edit. The cast were directed like they were retards in the most ham fisted way. The score was absolute diagetic cheese fest. All of this is a shame because they had the ingredients and the recipe just not the Chef.

• Sep 01, 2017

This movie is severely underrated. It took me more then one view to appreciate the magic of this gem. It's now at the top of my favorites. And YES. Justin Long is definitely underutilized here. Amy Sedaris I feel channels Tracey Ullman in her role.

• Jul 11, 2017

Very nice, heartwarming, and genuine film that makes you smile and feel brave :)

• Jun 08, 2017

The ONLY thing funny about this film is the interactions between Paul W. Downs and Justin Long's characters, which are very much too far apart to save this very bad movie. It feels low budget in a bad way, it does nothing interesting, and never full embraces either the horror or comedy elements, though it does carry a weird yet surprising third act twist. Its still a terrible movie though.

• Apr 08, 2017

I liked it, not really a laugh out loud comedy but the characters are likeable enough