Ghost Warrior - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghost Warrior Reviews

½ January 17, 2016
I came into this movie expecting a few laughs and nothing special in terms of acting or plot. Well I got my laughs but in the end found myself somewhat impressed with its conclusion. This movie may never reach cult status but will gain respect from those who do stumble upon it.
½ January 3, 2015
Empire Pictures almost made a smart film that took the idea of an unfrozen man from the past from "Iceman" but instead of making a moving story about taking someone out of their place and time, producers Charles and Albert Band could not resist making it a bizarrely cheesy hybrid of 80s ninja films and Death Wish-like street justice. incredibly silly, but still entertaining enough if you're in the mood from direct-to-video 80s cheese. Underrated composer Richard Band provides a nice score.
½ November 13, 2012
77%

"Hey Johnny! They got Fizz!"-Gang Member

Unfrozen samuri gets lost in the Big Apple and cleans up the streets. Hiroshi Fujioka shines.
½ October 27, 2012
Instead of doing an autopsy, scientists successfully bring back to life an over 400 years dead Samurai warrior whose body was frozen. Trouble ensues when the Samurai leaves the lab. Best parts here is the Samurai slicing and dicing street thugs.
June 21, 2012
Credible Charles Band production has 400 yr old Samurai brought back to life by a miracle of modern science. Highlights include Samurai's curious reaction to WASP's "Tormentor" video and a confrontation with a street gang hassling a war veteran.
½ May 11, 2012
Marvelous movie this is.
March 7, 2012
A true western with a samuri playing the role of a cowboy from the past.
April 28, 2011
TRANSLATOR NEEDED omg dude wakes up and you have no person around to speak to him wow. No gaurds or security or surveillance on the premises so guy can just walk out.
April 12, 2011
The idea behind this film is interesting, but the way the film is executed is really bad. Some extremely corny moments in this film made me want to tune out, but I kept waiting for the film to redeem itself...it never did. Really bad acting by the main characters and bad special effects don't help the already corny costumes and props. And what is more frustrating is that there are no subtitles to help us understand what the Samurai is saying.
½ July 15, 2010
what an odd movie. still, I got to see a helicopter chase a samurai. so I can check that off my list.
½ June 6, 2010
½ October 22, 2009
Awesome movie that wouldve made a great TV show
October 5, 2009
Richard Band's score is definitely the best thing about this lame example of uninformed `80s Nipponophiliia. Fujioka does an admirable job of keeping a straight face despite the idiotic fish-out-of-timestream hijinx they have him up to. Marveling at television, dueling with bikers, and taking down his honky enemy in a terrible flashback sequence to the opening shot.